- Bloomfield Avenue Developer Loses AgainPosted 3 days ago
- Police Complaint: No Solution YetPosted 3 weeks ago
- Police Complaint: Busted Tech, Town Manager IntimidationPosted 3 weeks ago
- Tevlin Family Statement On Murder ArrestsPosted 4 weeks ago
- Arrests Made In Murder Of Veronans’ NephewPosted 4 weeks ago
- Subway Robber Gets 18+ YearsPosted 1 month ago
- Victim Of Fatal Fire IdentifiedPosted 1 month ago
- Fatal Fire On Essex Fells-Verona BorderPosted 1 month ago
- Bonds, Clerk, Police IT Issues Roil Council MeetingPosted 2 months ago
- Water Main Break On MontrosePosted 2 months ago
Track Season Ends With Strong Finish
Verona High School ended the 2014 winter track season on a strong finish in the NJSIAA Group Championship at Toms River this past Monday. The participants included the top track and field athletes for 21 Group 1 schools. Chris Sweeney was eighth in the 400 meter at 52.06 and 10th in the 55 meter high hurdles at 8.28.
The boys 4 x 400 meter relay team of Matt Intili, Ryan Ramsthaler, Chris Yeates and Chris Sweeney took 11th out of 21 teams with a 3:43 performance.
Cristina Calandra and Tara Hull finished seventh and 10th respectively in the pole-vault with vaults of 8 feet and 7’6″ respectively. Amanda Flores finished 19th in the 3,200 meter run with a time of 13:24.36.
Chris Yeates finished 13th in the 55m at 6.92. That finish bodes well for the future: 10 of the 12 runners who finished ahead of Yeates were seniors, one was a junior and only one was a sophomore like Yeates, making him the second fastest sophomore in the state of New Jersey in Group 1 schools.
Photos copyright Andy Yeates. Used by permission.
Get News Updates By Email
Where In Verona Is It? Week 52
This is it folks: The last week of MyVeronaNJ.com’s...
- Posted 3 years ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 22
Naughty? Nice? We’re not going to be judgmental. We’re...
- Posted 4 years ago
PSEG: Here’s Verona Outage Map
With the millions of homes without power around New...
- Posted 2 years ago