- Verona Police Blotter: July 8-15, 2016Posted 4 days ago
- Newark Man Arrested, Charged In Fatal Hit-And-RunPosted 2 weeks ago
- Claremont Construction Halt? Not ReallyPosted 2 weeks ago
- Town Opens Cooling CentersPosted 2 weeks ago
- Verona Police Blotter: June 24 – July 1Posted 3 weeks ago
- Traffic Signs–And Common SensePosted 3 weeks ago
- Police Seek Witnesses To Fatal Hit-And-RunPosted 4 weeks ago
- Verona Business Owner Killed In Hit And RunPosted 4 weeks ago
- Verona Police Blotter: June 3-10Posted 1 month ago
- Verona Police Blotter: May 27-June 3Posted 2 months ago
How To Vote In The Referendum
On March 11, Verona voters will be asked to approve a referendum to pay for critical school repairs. Here’s what you need to do to cast your ballot, whether you are in town that day or not.
First, register to vote. Download this form immediately, and mail it in no later than next Tuesday, February 18, to the Essex County Commissioner of Registration, Hall of Records, 465 Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd. Room 417A, Newark, NJ 07102-9852.
Then apply to vote by mail. In New Jersey, any voter can now vote by mail in any election. You do not need a reason to vote by mail, and with the winter we are having it might be a smart idea for all Verona voters to register to vote by mail in case we can’t dig out to get to the polls on March 11.
To vote by mail, download this application for a ballot, check the box marked “Special” and write the word Referendum on that line, and send it to the County Clerk no later than February 28. You can also apply in person to the County Clerk until 3 p.m. on the day before the election, or Monday, March 10. The County Clerk cannot accept faxed or emailed copies of the application unless you are a military or overseas voter. Mail your application to Christopher J. Durkin, Essex County Clerk, P.O. Box 690, Newark, NJ 07102-0690.
You can also get an absentee ballot at any of Verona’s schools or from the town clerk.
If you are a military or overseas voter, you can get information to vote here.
Get News Updates By Email
Richard U. Mascera Sr., 86, Former Dentist
Richard U. Mascera Sr., DDS, 86, of Verona, passed...
- Posted 3 hours ago
Open Houses To Beat The Heat
You might not feel like moving from the fan...
- Posted 2 days ago
Verona’s Business Landmarks
Recently a friend posted a photo online of Pal’s...
- Posted 2 days ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 52
This is it folks: The last week of MyVeronaNJ.com’s...
- Posted 5 years ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 22
Naughty? Nice? We’re not going to be judgmental. We’re...
- Posted 6 years ago
PSEG: Here’s Verona Outage Map
With the millions of homes without power around New...
- Posted 4 years ago