- Indictment In Tevlin MurderPosted 19 hours ago
- Ryan, Nochimson Lead New Town CouncilPosted 3 days ago
- Police Need Help Solving TheftPosted 4 weeks ago
- Upper Linden Avenue Closed For ConstructionPosted 1 month ago
- Two Arrested In Area BurglariesPosted 1 month ago
- Burglary On AfterglowPosted 1 month ago
- Attempted Break In On WoodlandPosted 1 month ago
- Home Invasion UpdatePosted 2 months ago
- Senior Citizen Assaulted In Home InvasionPosted 2 months ago
- ‘Star Wars’ Invades VeronaPosted 2 months ago
How To Vote In The Referendum
On March 11, Verona voters will be asked to approve a referendum to pay for critical school repairs. Here’s what you need to do to cast your ballot, whether you are in town that day or not.
First, register to vote. Download this form immediately, and mail it in no later than next Tuesday, February 18, to the Essex County Commissioner of Registration, Hall of Records, 465 Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd. Room 417A, Newark, NJ 07102-9852.
Then apply to vote by mail. In New Jersey, any voter can now vote by mail in any election. You do not need a reason to vote by mail, and with the winter we are having it might be a smart idea for all Verona voters to register to vote by mail in case we can’t dig out to get to the polls on March 11.
To vote by mail, download this application for a ballot, check the box marked “Special” and write the word Referendum on that line, and send it to the County Clerk no later than February 28. You can also apply in person to the County Clerk until 3 p.m. on the day before the election, or Monday, March 10. The County Clerk cannot accept faxed or emailed copies of the application unless you are a military or overseas voter. Mail your application to Christopher J. Durkin, Essex County Clerk, P.O. Box 690, Newark, NJ 07102-0690.
You can also get an absentee ballot at any of Verona’s schools or from the town clerk.
If you are a military or overseas voter, you can get information to vote here.
Get News Updates By Email
Where In Verona Is It? Week 52
This is it folks: The last week of MyVeronaNJ.com’s...
- Posted 4 years ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 22
Naughty? Nice? We’re not going to be judgmental. We’re...
- Posted 5 years ago
PSEG: Here’s Verona Outage Map
With the millions of homes without power around New...
- Posted 3 years ago