- BOE Prez Faults Town Engineer For Field RumorsPosted 7 days ago
- Lower Linden Avenue Closing For ConstructionPosted 1 week ago
- Mt. Prospect Closed Southbound Until Sunday MorningPosted 4 weeks ago
- Referendum Passes By Wide MarginPosted 1 month ago
- Schools Closed Again: Snow Day 6Posted 2 months ago
- Board Of Ed Approves Referendum, Goes To Voters March 11Posted 2 months ago
- Gov. Christie And The Flappy BirdsPosted 2 months ago
- Superior Court Reverses Ruling In Lawsuit Against BOEPosted 2 months ago
- BOE Backs Off Split ReferendumPosted 3 months ago
- Superintendent To Leave Verona For DenvillePosted 3 months ago
Agnes C. Blake, 92
Agnes Connors Blake died February 5, 2014. She was 92.
Agnes “Pixie” was born in Malone, N.Y. in 1921 to the late Michael Connors and Anna Johnston Connors. She grew up in Rainbow Lake (Brighton), N.Y. It was there that she met the love of her life, James H. Blake. They were married in 1942. They lived in Exeter and Rye, N.H. before moving to Verona in 1952.
Pixie will always be remembered as a loving wife, mother, grandmother and friend. Her great grand-parents immigrated to America about 1844 from County Louth Ireland. She was extremely proud of her Irish heritage. She loved gardening, and was always surrounded by her cats. She was pre-deceased by her husband, James, who died in 1995, and by her beloved son Jimmy, who died in 1967.
Pixie is survived by her daughter, Nancy, and her husband of Portsmouth, N.H., and two grandchildren, Christina and Kenneth.
At her request, there will be no funeral service. Pixie pre-arranged for her ashes to be buried in Gracelawn Memorial Park in Auburn, Maine, beside those of her husband.
Donations may be made in her name to the Children’s Room at the Verona Public Library, 17 Gould St., Verona NJ 07044, or to a library of your choice.
Get News Updates By Email
Verona Park Boathouse To Get Major Makeover
Essex County Executive Joseph N. DiVincenzo, Jr. said today...
- Posted 16 hours ago
Parenting Pre-Teens And Teens
If you have a teenager do you feel confused...
- Posted 21 hours ago
‘Nicky Fifth’ Author Visits Laning
Nicky Fifth’s Garden State Adventure is a favorite on...
- Posted 23 hours ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 52
This is it folks: The last week of MyVeronaNJ.com’s...
- Posted 3 years ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 22
Naughty? Nice? We’re not going to be judgmental. We’re...
- Posted 3 years ago
PSEG: Here’s Verona Outage Map
With the millions of homes without power around New...
- Posted 1 year ago