- MyVeronaNJ Reader SurveyPosted 9 hours ago
- Verona Police Blotter: February 10-17, 2017Posted 12 hours ago
- Verona Police Blotter: February 3–10, 2017Posted 6 days ago
- Delayed Opening February 13Posted 1 week ago
- Snow Day!Posted 2 weeks ago
- Police Seek Information On Child Luring SuspectPosted 1 month ago
- Deer Hunt Returns To Hilltop January 31Posted 1 month ago
- Verona Police Blotter: December 30, 2016 – January 6, 2017Posted 1 month ago
- Top Stories For December 2016Posted 2 months ago
- Top Stories For 2016Posted 2 months ago
Agnes C. Blake, 92
Agnes Connors Blake died February 5, 2014. She was 92.
Agnes “Pixie” was born in Malone, N.Y. in 1921 to the late Michael Connors and Anna Johnston Connors. She grew up in Rainbow Lake (Brighton), N.Y. It was there that she met the love of her life, James H. Blake. They were married in 1942. They lived in Exeter and Rye, N.H. before moving to Verona in 1952.
Pixie will always be remembered as a loving wife, mother, grandmother and friend. Her great grand-parents immigrated to America about 1844 from County Louth Ireland. She was extremely proud of her Irish heritage. She loved gardening, and was always surrounded by her cats. She was pre-deceased by her husband, James, who died in 1995, and by her beloved son Jimmy, who died in 1967.
Pixie is survived by her daughter, Nancy, and her husband of Portsmouth, N.H., and two grandchildren, Christina and Kenneth.
At her request, there will be no funeral service. Pixie pre-arranged for her ashes to be buried in Gracelawn Memorial Park in Auburn, Maine, beside those of her husband.
Donations may be made in her name to the Children’s Room at the Verona Public Library, 17 Gould St., Verona NJ 07044, or to a library of your choice.
Get News Updates By Email
Where In Verona Is It? Week 52
This is it folks: The last week of MyVeronaNJ.com’s...
- Posted 6 years ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 22
Naughty? Nice? We’re not going to be judgmental. We’re...
- Posted 6 years ago
PSEG: Here’s Verona Outage Map
With the millions of homes without power around New...
- Posted 4 years ago