- Fairview Driver Totals Super’s CarPosted 1 hour ago
- NJ Eyes Virtual Snow DaysPosted 2 days ago
- Dodd Terrace Residents Complain About MusicPosted 1 week ago
- Top Stories For September 2014Posted 2 weeks ago
- PBA, Town Talk Tech But No SolutionPosted 3 weeks ago
- Veronan Named NJ Teacher Of The YearPosted 4 weeks ago
- Gas Station Murder Case To Be RetriedPosted 4 weeks ago
- Softball Field VandalizedPosted 1 month ago
- Veronans Join People’s Climate MarchPosted 1 month ago
- Top Stories For August 2014Posted 2 months ago
Agnes C. Blake, 92
Agnes Connors Blake died February 5, 2014. She was 92.
Agnes “Pixie” was born in Malone, N.Y. in 1921 to the late Michael Connors and Anna Johnston Connors. She grew up in Rainbow Lake (Brighton), N.Y. It was there that she met the love of her life, James H. Blake. They were married in 1942. They lived in Exeter and Rye, N.H. before moving to Verona in 1952.
Pixie will always be remembered as a loving wife, mother, grandmother and friend. Her great grand-parents immigrated to America about 1844 from County Louth Ireland. She was extremely proud of her Irish heritage. She loved gardening, and was always surrounded by her cats. She was pre-deceased by her husband, James, who died in 1995, and by her beloved son Jimmy, who died in 1967.
Pixie is survived by her daughter, Nancy, and her husband of Portsmouth, N.H., and two grandchildren, Christina and Kenneth.
At her request, there will be no funeral service. Pixie pre-arranged for her ashes to be buried in Gracelawn Memorial Park in Auburn, Maine, beside those of her husband.
Donations may be made in her name to the Children’s Room at the Verona Public Library, 17 Gould St., Verona NJ 07044, or to a library of your choice.
Get News Updates By Email
Fairview Driver Totals Super’s Car
A motorist on Fairview Avenue sideswiped a car belonging...
- Posted 1 hour ago
Eagles Tie Caldwell, Eye Playoffs
Last Sunday the two top teams from each division...
- Posted 4 hours ago
Cub Scouts Collect Candy For Troops
If your goblins get an excess of Halloween candy...
- Posted 23 hours ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 52
This is it folks: The last week of MyVeronaNJ.com’s...
- Posted 3 years ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 22
Naughty? Nice? We’re not going to be judgmental. We’re...
- Posted 4 years ago
PSEG: Here’s Verona Outage Map
With the millions of homes without power around New...
- Posted 2 years ago