- Multi-Vehicle Crash Snarls AvenuePosted 3 days ago
- Top Stories For October 2014Posted 6 days ago
- Fire Damages Gerdes Avenue HomePosted 7 days ago
- School Field Foes Force Full Project ReviewPosted 1 week ago
- Town, PBA Reach Agreement On Police TechPosted 1 week ago
- Possible Break In Gas Station Murder TrialPosted 1 week ago
- Water Main Break Closes MontrosePosted 2 weeks ago
- Fairview Driver Totals Super’s CarPosted 3 weeks ago
- NJ Eyes Virtual Snow DaysPosted 4 weeks ago
- Dodd Terrace Residents Complain About MusicPosted 1 month ago
Agnes C. Blake, 92
Agnes Connors Blake died February 5, 2014. She was 92.
Agnes “Pixie” was born in Malone, N.Y. in 1921 to the late Michael Connors and Anna Johnston Connors. She grew up in Rainbow Lake (Brighton), N.Y. It was there that she met the love of her life, James H. Blake. They were married in 1942. They lived in Exeter and Rye, N.H. before moving to Verona in 1952.
Pixie will always be remembered as a loving wife, mother, grandmother and friend. Her great grand-parents immigrated to America about 1844 from County Louth Ireland. She was extremely proud of her Irish heritage. She loved gardening, and was always surrounded by her cats. She was pre-deceased by her husband, James, who died in 1995, and by her beloved son Jimmy, who died in 1967.
Pixie is survived by her daughter, Nancy, and her husband of Portsmouth, N.H., and two grandchildren, Christina and Kenneth.
At her request, there will be no funeral service. Pixie pre-arranged for her ashes to be buried in Gracelawn Memorial Park in Auburn, Maine, beside those of her husband.
Donations may be made in her name to the Children’s Room at the Verona Public Library, 17 Gould St., Verona NJ 07044, or to a library of your choice.
Get News Updates By Email
Hillbillies Head To Championship
The Verona High School Hillbillies football team is headed...
- Posted 12 hours ago
Cub Scouts Sell Holiday Wreaths
Verona’s Cub Scout Pack 31 is selling fresh holiday...
- Posted 21 hours ago
Church Lady Gets A Facelift
For decades, the house at 46 Montrose Avenue had...
- Posted 1 day ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 52
This is it folks: The last week of MyVeronaNJ.com’s...
- Posted 3 years ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 22
Naughty? Nice? We’re not going to be judgmental. We’re...
- Posted 4 years ago
PSEG: Here’s Verona Outage Map
With the millions of homes without power around New...
- Posted 2 years ago