- VHS Grad Saves Life At Montclair StatePosted 4 days ago
- Water Main Break On ParkPosted 6 days ago
- Verona Police Blotter: November 11-18, 2016Posted 2 weeks ago
- Clinton Wins Verona As Trump Heads To White HousePosted 4 weeks ago
- Verona Police Blotter: October 21-28, 2016Posted 1 month ago
- Verona Police Blotter: Oct. 7-14, 2016Posted 2 months ago
- Claremont Construction Starts WednesdayPosted 2 months ago
- Verona Police Arrest Burglary SuspectPosted 2 months ago
- Police Seek Attempted Robbery SuspectPosted 2 months ago
- Verona Police Blotter: Sept. 23-30, 2016Posted 2 months ago
Track Sends Seven To State Championship
Chris Sweeney placed second in the 400m with a time of 52.8 and third in the 55m high hurdles in 8.47. Chris Yeates was second in the 55m in 6.81. The boys 4 x 400m relay team of Matt Intilli, Chris Yeates, Ryan Ramsthaler, and Chris Sweeney came in fifth at 3.44.
Cristina Calandra and Tara Hull both placed in pole vault, finishing second and fourth respectively with jumps of 8 feet, while Amanda Flores finished sixth in the 3200m in 12:39. The top six finishers in each event advance to the state competition. Verona placed fourth overall in the sectionals, which were held at the Bennett Center in Toms River.
Yeates, a sophomore, has been having a breakout year. He was the top seed in the 55m sectionals and will be the only sophomore representing the North division in the state meet; the other five finalists include two juniors and three seniors. His fastest time this year is a 6.6, which he turned in at the Bill Reid Invitational Meet on January 16.
Photos copyright Andy Yeates. Used by permission.
Get News Updates By Email
Songs of the Season At Verona Public Library
The Verona Public Library will present a special concert...
- Posted 2 hours ago
North Pole Alert: HBW Student Tours With “Elf”
Nicholas Canal has gone a long way in the...
- Posted 16 hours ago
Verona Voices Holiday Concert December 17
Voices of Verona and West Essex presents its Holiday...
- Posted 2 days ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 52
This is it folks: The last week of MyVeronaNJ.com’s...
- Posted 5 years ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 22
Naughty? Nice? We’re not going to be judgmental. We’re...
- Posted 6 years ago
PSEG: Here’s Verona Outage Map
With the millions of homes without power around New...
- Posted 4 years ago