- VHS Grad Saves Life At Montclair StatePosted 6 days ago
- Water Main Break On ParkPosted 1 week ago
- Verona Police Blotter: November 11-18, 2016Posted 3 weeks ago
- Clinton Wins Verona As Trump Heads To White HousePosted 1 month ago
- Verona Police Blotter: October 21-28, 2016Posted 1 month ago
- Verona Police Blotter: Oct. 7-14, 2016Posted 2 months ago
- Claremont Construction Starts WednesdayPosted 2 months ago
- Verona Police Arrest Burglary SuspectPosted 2 months ago
- Police Seek Attempted Robbery SuspectPosted 2 months ago
- Verona Police Blotter: Sept. 23-30, 2016Posted 2 months ago
Chef Angelo Returns To Bella Gente
The snow isn’t the only thing that’s back in Verona this season. Bella Gente Trattoria and Ristorante wants restaurant-goers in town to know that Chef Angelo is back in its kitchen.
Chef Angelo has been a stalwart of the Bella Gente kitchen. He started there in 2004 and trained under Bella Gente chefs Augusto, Pietro and Nicolina, before coming into his own in 2009. But in December 2012, Chef Angelo had to return to his home country and the restaurant cast about for a replacement. “We did our best to find somebody,” says owner Kim Cheung, “but nobody cooks like him. The food quality went down.”
The chef returned to his Verona stove in November 2013 and set about getting his signature dishes back in top shape. Dishes like Linguine Vespucci (jumbo shrimp, sun-dried tomato, arugula), Pollo alla Valdostana (chicken breast stuffed with fontina and prosciutto) and Veal Della Casa (stuffed with ricotta, mozzarella and prosciutto).
“I want to offer my sincere apologies to anyone who had a bad meal here last year,” says Cheung. “We finally got Chef Angelo back and he’s back to stay.”
Bella Gente is located at 640-644 Bloomfield Avenue in the center of Verona. It is open Tuesday to Thursday from 11:30 a.m. to 9:30 p.m.; Friday and Saturday from 11:30 a.m. to 10:30 p.m.; and Sunday noon to 9 p.m. It has both a traditional dining room and a casual trattoria room.
Get News Updates By Email
Freeze Hits Verona Real Estate
There’s a very thin layer of ice on Verona...
- Posted 10 hours ago
Mary Ellen Double, Mother Of Amy Adornato
Mrs. Mary Ellen Double, 70, died on December 8,...
- Posted 10 hours ago
Juniors Extend Short Story Writing Contest Deadling
The Junior Woman’s Club of Verona has extended the...
- Posted 12 hours ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 52
This is it folks: The last week of MyVeronaNJ.com’s...
- Posted 5 years ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 22
Naughty? Nice? We’re not going to be judgmental. We’re...
- Posted 6 years ago
PSEG: Here’s Verona Outage Map
With the millions of homes without power around New...
- Posted 4 years ago