- Traffic Signs–And Common SensePosted 2 hours ago
- Police Seek Witnesses To Fatal Hit-And-RunPosted 2 days ago
- Verona Business Owner Killed In Hit And RunPosted 6 days ago
- Verona Police Blotter: June 3-10Posted 2 weeks ago
- Verona Police Blotter: May 27-June 3Posted 3 weeks ago
- Verona Votes For Clinton, TrumpPosted 3 weeks ago
- Verona Police Blotter: May 20-27Posted 4 weeks ago
- Coyote AlertPosted 1 month ago
- Verona Police Blotter: May 13-20Posted 1 month ago
- Surveillance Camera Helps Police Nab Burglary SuspectPosted 1 month ago
Schools Add Half Days To Cover Snow Closings
Verona’s public schools are out of snow days. So with snow and ice predicted for tonight and a massive snow storm on the way for Sunday, they have taken back vacation days from the February break and turned them into half days. This will give us two more snow days.
Here’s what’s happening according to the email just sent out by the schools:
In light of the string of emergency closing days and the threat of more to come we have decided to modify the 2013-14 school calendar.
The current calendar calls for February 14 and 17 to be vacation days for students and staff and February 18 to be a staff development day. The changes will be:
- Friday February 14, 2014 will now be a 4 hour session for students and professional development in the afternoon for staff. Students will follow the regular four hour session schedule.
- Monday February 17, 2014 will remain a vacation day for students and staff.
- Tuesday February 18, 2014 will now be a 4 hour session for students and professional development in the afternoon for staff. Students will follow the regular four hour session schedule.
If we blow through six snow days, the school district will start dipping into Spring break.
Get News Updates By Email
Traffic Signs–And Common Sense
The picture to the left is the sign on the...
- Posted 2 hours ago
Requiem For A Sign Maker
Over a 29-year career, Verona sign maker Matthew BeneduceMcGrath...
- Posted 1 day ago
Developer, Property Owner Clash Over New Apartments
If you’ve driven east on Bloomfield Avenue recently, you...
- Posted 2 days ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 52
This is it folks: The last week of MyVeronaNJ.com’s...
- Posted 5 years ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 22
Naughty? Nice? We’re not going to be judgmental. We’re...
- Posted 6 years ago
PSEG: Here’s Verona Outage Map
With the millions of homes without power around New...
- Posted 4 years ago