- Multi-Vehicle Crash Snarls AvenuePosted 3 days ago
- Top Stories For October 2014Posted 6 days ago
- Fire Damages Gerdes Avenue HomePosted 7 days ago
- School Field Foes Force Full Project ReviewPosted 1 week ago
- Town, PBA Reach Agreement On Police TechPosted 1 week ago
- Possible Break In Gas Station Murder TrialPosted 1 week ago
- Water Main Break Closes MontrosePosted 2 weeks ago
- Fairview Driver Totals Super’s CarPosted 3 weeks ago
- NJ Eyes Virtual Snow DaysPosted 4 weeks ago
- Dodd Terrace Residents Complain About MusicPosted 1 month ago
Schools Add Half Days To Cover Snow Closings
Verona’s public schools are out of snow days. So with snow and ice predicted for tonight and a massive snow storm on the way for Sunday, they have taken back vacation days from the February break and turned them into half days. This will give us two more snow days.
Here’s what’s happening according to the email just sent out by the schools:
In light of the string of emergency closing days and the threat of more to come we have decided to modify the 2013-14 school calendar.
The current calendar calls for February 14 and 17 to be vacation days for students and staff and February 18 to be a staff development day. The changes will be:
- Friday February 14, 2014 will now be a 4 hour session for students and professional development in the afternoon for staff. Students will follow the regular four hour session schedule.
- Monday February 17, 2014 will remain a vacation day for students and staff.
- Tuesday February 18, 2014 will now be a 4 hour session for students and professional development in the afternoon for staff. Students will follow the regular four hour session schedule.
If we blow through six snow days, the school district will start dipping into Spring break.
Get News Updates By Email
Hillbillies Head To Championship
The Verona High School Hillbillies football team is headed...
- Posted 10 hours ago
Cub Scouts Sell Holiday Wreaths
Verona’s Cub Scout Pack 31 is selling fresh holiday...
- Posted 19 hours ago
Church Lady Gets A Facelift
For decades, the house at 46 Montrose Avenue had...
- Posted 23 hours ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 52
This is it folks: The last week of MyVeronaNJ.com’s...
- Posted 3 years ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 22
Naughty? Nice? We’re not going to be judgmental. We’re...
- Posted 4 years ago
PSEG: Here’s Verona Outage Map
With the millions of homes without power around New...
- Posted 2 years ago