- VHS Grad Saves Life At Montclair StatePosted 6 days ago
- Water Main Break On ParkPosted 1 week ago
- Verona Police Blotter: November 11-18, 2016Posted 3 weeks ago
- Clinton Wins Verona As Trump Heads To White HousePosted 1 month ago
- Verona Police Blotter: October 21-28, 2016Posted 1 month ago
- Verona Police Blotter: Oct. 7-14, 2016Posted 2 months ago
- Claremont Construction Starts WednesdayPosted 2 months ago
- Verona Police Arrest Burglary SuspectPosted 2 months ago
- Police Seek Attempted Robbery SuspectPosted 2 months ago
- Verona Police Blotter: Sept. 23-30, 2016Posted 2 months ago
Drinking And Driving On Super Bowl Weekend
In a post on his blog, Michael Pescatore notes that the police can’t pull a vehicle over without cause:
Most DUI arrests begin in one of two ways. In some cases, a driver may be pulled over for a common traffic infraction such as speeding or running a red light. When the police officer speaks to the driver, the officer may note the smell of alcohol, slurred speech, bloodshot or glassy eyes, slow response time, disheveled clothing or hair, or aggressive behavior, among other physical signs of intoxication. Although the officer may not have originally expected to find an intoxicated driver in the vehicle, the situation has escalated and further inquiry may lead to a DUI charge.
The police may also base their stop on guidelines from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. The NHTSA says intoxicated drivers may be driving slowly, weaving, stopping erratically or driving without their lights on at night, Pescatore says.
Of course, the best way to avoid looking like a drunk driver is to not be a drunk driver in the first place. Most Verona parties are likely to be within walking distance of your home in Verona, and we do have a few licensed taxi services if you can’t find a designated driver.
Pescatore has a lot more information on DUI arrests on his blog, which you can read here.
Get News Updates By Email
Freeze Hits Verona Real Estate
There’s a very thin layer of ice on Verona...
- Posted 10 hours ago
Mary Ellen Double, Mother Of Amy Adornato
Mrs. Mary Ellen Double, 70, died on December 8,...
- Posted 11 hours ago
Juniors Extend Short Story Writing Contest Deadling
The Junior Woman’s Club of Verona has extended the...
- Posted 12 hours ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 52
This is it folks: The last week of MyVeronaNJ.com’s...
- Posted 5 years ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 22
Naughty? Nice? We’re not going to be judgmental. We’re...
- Posted 6 years ago
PSEG: Here’s Verona Outage Map
With the millions of homes without power around New...
- Posted 4 years ago