- Verona Business Owner Killed In Hit And RunPosted 3 days ago
- Verona Police Blotter: June 3-10Posted 2 weeks ago
- Verona Police Blotter: May 27-June 3Posted 3 weeks ago
- Verona Votes For Clinton, TrumpPosted 3 weeks ago
- Verona Police Blotter: May 20-27Posted 4 weeks ago
- Coyote AlertPosted 1 month ago
- Verona Police Blotter: May 13-20Posted 1 month ago
- Surveillance Camera Helps Police Nab Burglary SuspectPosted 1 month ago
- Sampson Drive Closing For Field WorkPosted 1 month ago
- Verona Police Blotter: May 6-13Posted 1 month ago
Hockey Avenges First Nutley Game With A Win
Nutley froze DeCandia out of the net in both the first and second periods, and scored on a Mike Frade shot with an assist from Justin Souza and Brian Parigi. But if the Raiders were watching the ice the way a volcanologist studies volcanos, they should have seen the clues that an eruption was imminent. Like DeCandia’s shattered stick.
DeCandia, who leads VGR’s scoring this season with 47 points, blew in a shot at the start of the third period on an assist from fellow senior Sean Gluzberg. And just about three minutes later, he was back in the net with help from Nick DiStaso, last week’s Verona Sports Boosters Athlete of the Week. Stephen Wenzl, a sophomore from the Glen Ridge side of the team, pushed the winning score to 3-1 at the buzzer.
VGR goalie Cam Giulianelli, a junior from the Glen Ridge side of the team
Liam Blaney, a sophomore from the Verona side of the team, also deserves a shout-out for his role in the win. Of Nutley’s 30 shots on goal, BlaneyGiulianelli stopped all but one. VGR takes on Millburn on Saturday at 5:45 p.m. That game is also senior night for the team, which now has a 12-4-2 record.
Get News Updates By Email
Where In Verona Is It? Week 52
This is it folks: The last week of MyVeronaNJ.com’s...
- Posted 5 years ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 22
Naughty? Nice? We’re not going to be judgmental. We’re...
- Posted 6 years ago
PSEG: Here’s Verona Outage Map
With the millions of homes without power around New...
- Posted 4 years ago