- Softball Field VandalizedPosted 4 days ago
- Veronans Join People’s Climate MarchPosted 1 week ago
- Annin Pulls Loft PlanPosted 3 weeks ago
- Bloomfield Avenue Developer Loses AgainPosted 1 month ago
- Police Complaint: No Solution YetPosted 2 months ago
- Police Complaint: Busted Tech, Town Manager IntimidationPosted 2 months ago
- Tevlin Family Statement On Murder ArrestsPosted 2 months ago
- Arrests Made In Murder Of Veronans’ NephewPosted 2 months ago
- Subway Robber Gets 18+ YearsPosted 2 months ago
- Victim Of Fatal Fire IdentifiedPosted 2 months ago
No Skating Yet On Verona Park Lake
So we called up Essex County, which runs the park, to ask. And the short answer is, not yet.
The general rules are that the temperature has to be below freezing for seven to 10 days, black ice has to be present and the ice has to be at least four inches thick.
Skating might not be far off, though. According to the National Weather Service, the latest round of below-freezing temps started on January 21 and is expected to continue through January 30. As soon as we hear the ice is open, we’ll let you know.
Get News Updates By Email
Blessing Of The Animals At Holy Spirit
All of God’s creatures gather at the Episcopal Church...
- Posted 3 hours ago
In Tennis’ Quiet, A Very Loud Season
You’ll never find the crowd at a Verona High...
- Posted 13 hours ago
Dog’s Best Friend Expanding
Dog’s Best Friend Training and Walking Service is looking...
- Posted 16 hours ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 52
This is it folks: The last week of MyVeronaNJ.com’s...
- Posted 3 years ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 22
Naughty? Nice? We’re not going to be judgmental. We’re...
- Posted 4 years ago
PSEG: Here’s Verona Outage Map
With the millions of homes without power around New...
- Posted 2 years ago