- Multi-Vehicle Crash Snarls AvenuePosted 5 hours ago
- Top Stories For October 2014Posted 3 days ago
- Fire Damages Gerdes Avenue HomePosted 4 days ago
- School Field Foes Force Full Project ReviewPosted 1 week ago
- Town, PBA Reach Agreement On Police TechPosted 1 week ago
- Possible Break In Gas Station Murder TrialPosted 1 week ago
- Water Main Break Closes MontrosePosted 1 week ago
- Fairview Driver Totals Super’s CarPosted 3 weeks ago
- NJ Eyes Virtual Snow DaysPosted 3 weeks ago
- Dodd Terrace Residents Complain About MusicPosted 4 weeks ago
No Skating Yet On Verona Park Lake
So we called up Essex County, which runs the park, to ask. And the short answer is, not yet.
The general rules are that the temperature has to be below freezing for seven to 10 days, black ice has to be present and the ice has to be at least four inches thick.
Skating might not be far off, though. According to the National Weather Service, the latest round of below-freezing temps started on January 21 and is expected to continue through January 30. As soon as we hear the ice is open, we’ll let you know.
Get News Updates By Email
Multi-Vehicle Crash Snarls Avenue
The moral of this story is look twice–or three...
- Posted 5 hours ago
Visentin Inducted Into Scranton Honor Society
Kristin Visentin was among the 114 University of Scranton...
- Posted 10 hours ago
Shop For Team Zoey At Trend
It’s the getting to be the season for giving,...
- Posted 11 hours ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 52
This is it folks: The last week of MyVeronaNJ.com’s...
- Posted 3 years ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 22
Naughty? Nice? We’re not going to be judgmental. We’re...
- Posted 4 years ago
PSEG: Here’s Verona Outage Map
With the millions of homes without power around New...
- Posted 2 years ago