- Bonds, Clerk, Police IT Issues Roil Council MeetingPosted 1 week ago
- Water Main Break On MontrosePosted 2 weeks ago
- Verona Families Seek Leads In Nephew’s Murder As Reward GrowsPosted 3 weeks ago
- Paving Closes Streets On MondayPosted 1 month ago
- Attempted Armed Robbery At Fuel StopPosted 2 months ago
- Fire Guts Linden Avenue GaragePosted 2 months ago
- Water Main Break Affects Hemlock, LaurelPosted 3 months ago
- BOE Prez Faults Town Engineer For Field RumorsPosted 4 months ago
- Lower Linden Avenue Closing For ConstructionPosted 4 months ago
- Mt. Prospect Closed Southbound Until Sunday MorningPosted 4 months ago
Early Dismissal At Public Schools, Other Cancellations
Snow is on its way–lots of it perhaps–and the Verona public schools have called for an early dismissal.
Pre-K a.m. classes run 8:30 to 10:15 a.m.; Pre-K p.m. classes run 10:30 a.m. to 12:15 p.m. The Pre-K all day class will operate 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. as will kindergarten, grades 1 to 4 and H.B Whitehorne Middle School. Verona High School will start at 7:55 a.m. and finish as 12:08 p.m.
All after-school activities run by the public schools have been cancelled. The girls varsity basketball game against Technology High School has been postponed to January 25 and the boys varsity basketball game at Science Park High School has been moved to February 8. Tomorrow’s varsity wrestling match against Cedar Grove has been pushed back to January 31.
The YMCA’s after-care program will operate on a normal schedule.
All Verona Recreation programs have been cancelled, as have any meetings to be held at the Verona Community Center.
Essex County’s deer hunt at South Mountain Reservation on Tuesday afternoon has been cancelled. It will resume on Thursday, January 23.
The Town Council meeting that was moved to tonight from Monday night because of the Martin Luther King Jr. Day holiday has been cancelled as well.
The National Weather Service has issued a winter storm warning for our area, from noon today to 6 a.m. tomorrow. It is predicting 6 to 10 inches of snow and wind gusts up to 30 mph. The heaviest snow will come late this afternoon into tonight.
Please remember that Verona law says you have to clear your sidewalks of snow within 24 hours after the storm passes. Also please shovel out any fire hydrants so that they are clear for the Verona Fire Department in an emergency.
Get News Updates By Email
Volunteers Weed, Water New Peckman Plantings
The Verona Environmental Commission is giving a shout-out to...
- Posted 17 hours ago
Lemonade With A Twist
True entrepreneurs are great at finding opportunity. So Amanda...
- Posted 19 hours ago
Junior Legion Team Finishes On Top
The Verona Junior Legion baseball team ended its season...
- Posted 2 days ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 52
This is it folks: The last week of MyVeronaNJ.com’s...
- Posted 3 years ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 22
Naughty? Nice? We’re not going to be judgmental. We’re...
- Posted 4 years ago
PSEG: Here’s Verona Outage Map
With the millions of homes without power around New...
- Posted 2 years ago