- Bloomfield Avenue Developer Loses AgainPosted 4 days ago
- Police Complaint: No Solution YetPosted 3 weeks ago
- Police Complaint: Busted Tech, Town Manager IntimidationPosted 3 weeks ago
- Tevlin Family Statement On Murder ArrestsPosted 4 weeks ago
- Arrests Made In Murder Of Veronans’ NephewPosted 4 weeks ago
- Subway Robber Gets 18+ YearsPosted 1 month ago
- Victim Of Fatal Fire IdentifiedPosted 1 month ago
- Fatal Fire On Essex Fells-Verona BorderPosted 1 month ago
- Bonds, Clerk, Police IT Issues Roil Council MeetingPosted 2 months ago
- Water Main Break On MontrosePosted 2 months ago
Early Dismissal At Public Schools, Other Cancellations
Snow is on its way–lots of it perhaps–and the Verona public schools have called for an early dismissal.
Pre-K a.m. classes run 8:30 to 10:15 a.m.; Pre-K p.m. classes run 10:30 a.m. to 12:15 p.m. The Pre-K all day class will operate 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. as will kindergarten, grades 1 to 4 and H.B Whitehorne Middle School. Verona High School will start at 7:55 a.m. and finish as 12:08 p.m.
All after-school activities run by the public schools have been cancelled. The girls varsity basketball game against Technology High School has been postponed to January 25 and the boys varsity basketball game at Science Park High School has been moved to February 8. Tomorrow’s varsity wrestling match against Cedar Grove has been pushed back to January 31.
The YMCA’s after-care program will operate on a normal schedule.
All Verona Recreation programs have been cancelled, as have any meetings to be held at the Verona Community Center.
Essex County’s deer hunt at South Mountain Reservation on Tuesday afternoon has been cancelled. It will resume on Thursday, January 23.
The Town Council meeting that was moved to tonight from Monday night because of the Martin Luther King Jr. Day holiday has been cancelled as well.
The National Weather Service has issued a winter storm warning for our area, from noon today to 6 a.m. tomorrow. It is predicting 6 to 10 inches of snow and wind gusts up to 30 mph. The heaviest snow will come late this afternoon into tonight.
Please remember that Verona law says you have to clear your sidewalks of snow within 24 hours after the storm passes. Also please shovel out any fire hydrants so that they are clear for the Verona Fire Department in an emergency.
Get News Updates By Email
Where In Verona Is It? Week 52
This is it folks: The last week of MyVeronaNJ.com’s...
- Posted 3 years ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 22
Naughty? Nice? We’re not going to be judgmental. We’re...
- Posted 4 years ago
PSEG: Here’s Verona Outage Map
With the millions of homes without power around New...
- Posted 2 years ago