- Bloomfield Avenue Developer Loses AgainPosted 3 days ago
- Police Complaint: No Solution YetPosted 3 weeks ago
- Police Complaint: Busted Tech, Town Manager IntimidationPosted 3 weeks ago
- Tevlin Family Statement On Murder ArrestsPosted 4 weeks ago
- Arrests Made In Murder Of Veronans’ NephewPosted 4 weeks ago
- Subway Robber Gets 18+ YearsPosted 1 month ago
- Victim Of Fatal Fire IdentifiedPosted 1 month ago
- Fatal Fire On Essex Fells-Verona BorderPosted 1 month ago
- Bonds, Clerk, Police IT Issues Roil Council MeetingPosted 2 months ago
- Water Main Break On MontrosePosted 2 months ago
Win, Loss For Basketball Teams
Brielle Cummings led the scoring for the girls with 18 points, while Julie Rosenberg, honored this past week by the Verona Sports Boosters as Senior Athlete of the Week, had 10 points and five rebounds. Caroline Kirnan, a sophomore, was tops in rebounds with six. The record for the girls team, which was coming off a narrow loss to Arts High School on Thursday, now stands at 5-4.
The boys basketball team, meanwhile was riding high after Alex Kaslander’s 1,000-point milestone on Tuesday and a 51-45 defeat of Newark Central, but it wasn’t enough to power them past Orange High School. Kaslander was kept to just 14 points in the 42-34 loss, while Frank Ferrari had nine. Matt Braschi, who was the lead scorer in the Central game, came up with only five points against Orange.
Boys game photo copyright Bob Misuro. Used by permission.
Get News Updates By Email
Where In Verona Is It? Week 52
This is it folks: The last week of MyVeronaNJ.com’s...
- Posted 3 years ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 22
Naughty? Nice? We’re not going to be judgmental. We’re...
- Posted 4 years ago
PSEG: Here’s Verona Outage Map
With the millions of homes without power around New...
- Posted 2 years ago