- Police Seek Witnesses To Fatal Hit-And-RunPosted 1 day ago
- Verona Business Owner Killed In Hit And RunPosted 6 days ago
- Verona Police Blotter: June 3-10Posted 2 weeks ago
- Verona Police Blotter: May 27-June 3Posted 3 weeks ago
- Verona Votes For Clinton, TrumpPosted 3 weeks ago
- Verona Police Blotter: May 20-27Posted 4 weeks ago
- Coyote AlertPosted 1 month ago
- Verona Police Blotter: May 13-20Posted 1 month ago
- Surveillance Camera Helps Police Nab Burglary SuspectPosted 1 month ago
- Sampson Drive Closing For Field WorkPosted 1 month ago
VHS Students Head To State Business Competition
On January 8, at Ramapo College of New Jersey, 11 Verona High School students took part in the DECA Regional Competition. DECA, offered as a club at VHS, is a business education program that requires written and oral presentations at regional, state and national competitions.
The first portion of the competition began prior to arriving at Ramapo when, in December, students took computerized tests on their chosen area of business. While at Ramapo, students broke into their respective areas of business and competed against other northern New Jersey schools in the role-play category. The role-plays consist of a business situation or scenario in which the students play a part and are judged based on their content knowledge as well as their professionalism and approach to the task at hand. Judges for these events are made up of college level business students, CEOs, business managers and entrepreneurs.
This year, four students scored high enough in the regional competition to represent Verona High School and compete at the state level in Cherry Hill in March. Those students are senior Brett Drozdowski in the Accounting Applications Event, junior Lia Golick in the Principles of Finance event, and the team of juniors Gabby Ayala and Jamie Rollo in the Sports and Entertainment Marketing Team Decision Making event.
Congratulations to these four and best of luck at the state level in March.
Get News Updates By Email
Requiem For A Sign Maker
Over a 29-year career, Verona sign maker Matthew BeneduceMcGrath...
- Posted 22 hours ago
Developer, Property Owner Clash Over New Apartments
If you’ve driven east on Bloomfield Avenue recently, you...
- Posted 1 day ago
Police Seek Witnesses To Fatal Hit-And-Run
Acting Essex County Prosecutor Carolyn A. Murray and Verona...
- Posted 1 day ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 52
This is it folks: The last week of MyVeronaNJ.com’s...
- Posted 5 years ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 22
Naughty? Nice? We’re not going to be judgmental. We’re...
- Posted 6 years ago
PSEG: Here’s Verona Outage Map
With the millions of homes without power around New...
- Posted 4 years ago