- Bonds, Clerk, Police IT Issues Roil Council MeetingPosted 6 days ago
- Water Main Break On MontrosePosted 1 week ago
- Verona Families Seek Leads In Nephew’s Murder As Reward GrowsPosted 3 weeks ago
- Paving Closes Streets On MondayPosted 1 month ago
- Attempted Armed Robbery At Fuel StopPosted 2 months ago
- Fire Guts Linden Avenue GaragePosted 2 months ago
- Water Main Break Affects Hemlock, LaurelPosted 3 months ago
- BOE Prez Faults Town Engineer For Field RumorsPosted 4 months ago
- Lower Linden Avenue Closing For ConstructionPosted 4 months ago
- Mt. Prospect Closed Southbound Until Sunday MorningPosted 4 months ago
VHS Students Head To State Business Competition
On January 8, at Ramapo College of New Jersey, 11 Verona High School students took part in the DECA Regional Competition. DECA, offered as a club at VHS, is a business education program that requires written and oral presentations at regional, state and national competitions.
The first portion of the competition began prior to arriving at Ramapo when, in December, students took computerized tests on their chosen area of business. While at Ramapo, students broke into their respective areas of business and competed against other northern New Jersey schools in the role-play category. The role-plays consist of a business situation or scenario in which the students play a part and are judged based on their content knowledge as well as their professionalism and approach to the task at hand. Judges for these events are made up of college level business students, CEOs, business managers and entrepreneurs.
This year, four students scored high enough in the regional competition to represent Verona High School and compete at the state level in Cherry Hill in March. Those students are senior Brett Drozdowski in the Accounting Applications Event, junior Lia Golick in the Principles of Finance event, and the team of juniors Gabby Ayala and Jamie Rollo in the Sports and Entertainment Marketing Team Decision Making event.
Congratulations to these four and best of luck at the state level in March.
Get News Updates By Email
Bloomfield Ave. Developer Changes Tack Again
After months of insisting that the lots at 176...
- Posted 21 hours ago
Waves Make Splash With Food Drive
The Verona Waves swim team did its annual “Swim...
- Posted 2 days ago
Farmers Markets With Real Farmers
We’re getting into the heart of the growing season...
- Posted 2 days ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 52
This is it folks: The last week of MyVeronaNJ.com’s...
- Posted 3 years ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 22
Naughty? Nice? We’re not going to be judgmental. We’re...
- Posted 4 years ago
PSEG: Here’s Verona Outage Map
With the millions of homes without power around New...
- Posted 2 years ago