- Driver Sentenced In Hit-And-Run That Killed Verona BusinessmanPosted 18 hours ago
- MyVeronaNJ Reader SurveyPosted 4 days ago
- Verona Police Blotter: February 10-17, 2017Posted 4 days ago
- Verona Police Blotter: February 3–10, 2017Posted 1 week ago
- Delayed Opening February 13Posted 2 weeks ago
- Snow Day!Posted 2 weeks ago
- Police Seek Information On Child Luring SuspectPosted 1 month ago
- Deer Hunt Returns To Hilltop January 31Posted 1 month ago
- Verona Police Blotter: December 30, 2016 – January 6, 2017Posted 1 month ago
- Top Stories For December 2016Posted 2 months ago
VHS Students Head To State Business Competition
On January 8, at Ramapo College of New Jersey, 11 Verona High School students took part in the DECA Regional Competition. DECA, offered as a club at VHS, is a business education program that requires written and oral presentations at regional, state and national competitions.
The first portion of the competition began prior to arriving at Ramapo when, in December, students took computerized tests on their chosen area of business. While at Ramapo, students broke into their respective areas of business and competed against other northern New Jersey schools in the role-play category. The role-plays consist of a business situation or scenario in which the students play a part and are judged based on their content knowledge as well as their professionalism and approach to the task at hand. Judges for these events are made up of college level business students, CEOs, business managers and entrepreneurs.
This year, four students scored high enough in the regional competition to represent Verona High School and compete at the state level in Cherry Hill in March. Those students are senior Brett Drozdowski in the Accounting Applications Event, junior Lia Golick in the Principles of Finance event, and the team of juniors Gabby Ayala and Jamie Rollo in the Sports and Entertainment Marketing Team Decision Making event.
Congratulations to these four and best of luck at the state level in March.
Get News Updates By Email
One Other Thing Heating Up? Real Estate
Verona went to Florida over the Presidents’ Day weekend...
- Posted 29 mins ago
Driver Sentenced In Hit-And-Run That Killed Verona Businessman
Jose A. Asencio of Newark was sentenced to three...
- Posted 18 hours ago
Second Kindergarten Workshop March 4
The second of the pre-kindergarten workshops for children who...
- Posted 1 day ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 52
This is it folks: The last week of MyVeronaNJ.com’s...
- Posted 6 years ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 22
Naughty? Nice? We’re not going to be judgmental. We’re...
- Posted 6 years ago
PSEG: Here’s Verona Outage Map
With the millions of homes without power around New...
- Posted 4 years ago