- BOE Prez Faults Town Engineer For Field RumorsPosted 1 week ago
- Lower Linden Avenue Closing For ConstructionPosted 2 weeks ago
- Mt. Prospect Closed Southbound Until Sunday MorningPosted 4 weeks ago
- Referendum Passes By Wide MarginPosted 1 month ago
- Schools Closed Again: Snow Day 6Posted 2 months ago
- Board Of Ed Approves Referendum, Goes To Voters March 11Posted 2 months ago
- Gov. Christie And The Flappy BirdsPosted 2 months ago
- Superior Court Reverses Ruling In Lawsuit Against BOEPosted 2 months ago
- BOE Backs Off Split ReferendumPosted 3 months ago
- Superintendent To Leave Verona For DenvillePosted 3 months ago
VHS Students Head To State Business Competition
On January 8, at Ramapo College of New Jersey, 11 Verona High School students took part in the DECA Regional Competition. DECA, offered as a club at VHS, is a business education program that requires written and oral presentations at regional, state and national competitions.
The first portion of the competition began prior to arriving at Ramapo when, in December, students took computerized tests on their chosen area of business. While at Ramapo, students broke into their respective areas of business and competed against other northern New Jersey schools in the role-play category. The role-plays consist of a business situation or scenario in which the students play a part and are judged based on their content knowledge as well as their professionalism and approach to the task at hand. Judges for these events are made up of college level business students, CEOs, business managers and entrepreneurs.
This year, four students scored high enough in the regional competition to represent Verona High School and compete at the state level in Cherry Hill in March. Those students are senior Brett Drozdowski in the Accounting Applications Event, junior Lia Golick in the Principles of Finance event, and the team of juniors Gabby Ayala and Jamie Rollo in the Sports and Entertainment Marketing Team Decision Making event.
Congratulations to these four and best of luck at the state level in March.
Get News Updates By Email
Real Estate For Easter: Bring Bunnies
Beatrix Potter’s Peter Rabbit wanted to make his home...
- Posted 4 hours ago
Senior Athlete Of The Week: Lauren Ednie
If you want to know how far Verona’s lacrosse...
- Posted 1 day ago
Hilltop Groundbreaking April 21
The ground-breaking ceremony for the two new multi-purpose youth...
- Posted 2 days ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 52
This is it folks: The last week of MyVeronaNJ.com’s...
- Posted 3 years ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 22
Naughty? Nice? We’re not going to be judgmental. We’re...
- Posted 3 years ago
PSEG: Here’s Verona Outage Map
With the millions of homes without power around New...
- Posted 1 year ago