- Verona Police Blotter: July 8-15, 2016Posted 4 days ago
- Newark Man Arrested, Charged In Fatal Hit-And-RunPosted 2 weeks ago
- Claremont Construction Halt? Not ReallyPosted 2 weeks ago
- Town Opens Cooling CentersPosted 2 weeks ago
- Verona Police Blotter: June 24 – July 1Posted 3 weeks ago
- Traffic Signs–And Common SensePosted 3 weeks ago
- Police Seek Witnesses To Fatal Hit-And-RunPosted 4 weeks ago
- Verona Business Owner Killed In Hit And RunPosted 4 weeks ago
- Verona Police Blotter: June 3-10Posted 1 month ago
- Verona Police Blotter: May 27-June 3Posted 2 months ago
Thomas Edward Dooley, 86
Mr. Thomas Edward Dooley, 86, died on January 13, 2014 at his home in Sneads Ferry, N.C.
He was born on July 28, 1927 in Orange, NJ, the son of the late George and Gertrude Ward Dooley. He lived in Bloomfield, Clifton, and VeronaJ prior to moving to Sneads Ferry.
Mr. Dooley was an engineer at Westinghouse/North American Phillips for 40 years prior to his retirement. He was a veteran of the U.S. Navy having served during World War II aboard the USS Colorado. Mr. Dooley was a member of the Knights of Columbus, a past president of the Verona Rescue Squad, past president of the Men’s Club at the Clifton Boys Club and past commander of the Bloomfield VFW 711.
He is the husband of Arlene Gibba Dooley, the father of Barbara Wild, Paul Dooley, David Dooley and Roberta Warren. He is also survived by his sister, Marion Sparks and his granddaughters, Melissa Dzeiminie, Kate Wild, Sara Wild and Rebecca Dooley.
Visiting will be in the Prout Funeral Home, 370 Bloomfield Ave., Verona on Monday, January 20, 2014 from 7 to 9 p.m.
A funeral mass will be offered in Our Lady of the Lake Church, Verona, at 10:00 a.m. on Tuesday with Father Richard Bay officiating. Interment will follow in Immaculate Conception Cemetery in Upper Montclair.
In lieu of flowers, donations to Verona Rescue Squad, 12 Church Street, Verona, NJ 07044 would be appreciated.
Get News Updates By Email
Open Houses To Beat The Heat
You might not feel like moving from the fan...
- Posted 24 hours ago
Verona’s Business Landmarks
Recently a friend posted a photo online of Pal’s...
- Posted 2 days ago
Registration Open For UNICO 5K
The Verona chapter of UNICO National, the Italian-American service...
- Posted 2 days ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 52
This is it folks: The last week of MyVeronaNJ.com’s...
- Posted 5 years ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 22
Naughty? Nice? We’re not going to be judgmental. We’re...
- Posted 6 years ago
PSEG: Here’s Verona Outage Map
With the millions of homes without power around New...
- Posted 4 years ago