- Parking, Trash Changes During Snow StormPosted 6 days ago
- Early School Dismissal Called For MondayPosted 7 days ago
- Vandalism At HBWPosted 3 weeks ago
- MyVeronaNJ.com’s Top Stories For 2014Posted 1 month ago
- Top Stories For December 2014Posted 1 month ago
- Person Of The Year 2014: Maureen TracyPosted 1 month ago
- Mistrial Again In Pritchard Murder CasePosted 1 month ago
- Top Stories For November 2014Posted 2 months ago
- State Champs! Hillbillies Defeat CresskillPosted 2 months ago
- Thanksgiving Game Cancellation StandsPosted 2 months ago
Julia Ashley Featured In Star Ledger
Verona High School junior Julia Ashley has been down with a major knee injury for the past two months, but she is most definitely not out. Today’s Star Ledger has a story about how Ashley is working her way back from tearing the ACL, MCL and meniscus in her left knee just before Thanksgiving.
The injury was serious enough to require surgery and it means that Ashley, who competes in track and soccer, will not be running anywhere anytime soon. But watch out when she is back: “I will come back and be even stronger than before,” she told reporter Jim Lampert:
“Adrian Peterson, Alex Morgan, Wes Welker, and Tom Brady all went through it, and now Gronk (Rob Gronkowski) is going through it,” said Ashley. “I just have to keep preserving and not give up. Early on there is a lot of pain, but I just have to get through this first month and then start building back my muscles and then eventually be able to start running and getting back to where I was before. All those other athletes came back strong. So will I.”
You can read the full story here.
Get News Updates By Email
Morden, Friends Jam For Jazz
A lot of people were having way too much...
- Posted 27 mins ago
Gautieri Soars As VHS Defeats Arts
The Verona High School boys basketball team defeated Arts...
- Posted 21 hours ago
Super Bowl Weekend Real Estate
After last weekend’s blowout for Verona real estate, it’s...
- Posted 23 hours ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 52
This is it folks: The last week of MyVeronaNJ.com’s...
- Posted 4 years ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 22
Naughty? Nice? We’re not going to be judgmental. We’re...
- Posted 4 years ago
PSEG: Here’s Verona Outage Map
With the millions of homes without power around New...
- Posted 2 years ago