- Verona Police Blotter: April 15-22Posted 6 days ago
- Bear Spotted Near ClaridgePosted 2 weeks ago
- Verona Police Save A Life–In Verona, ItalyPosted 2 weeks ago
- What You Need To Know About The 2016 Town BudgetPosted 2 weeks ago
- $500 Reward For Field VandalsPosted 3 weeks ago
- Verona Police Blotter: April 1-8Posted 3 weeks ago
- Mount Prospect ClosedPosted 3 weeks ago
- Big Lottery Winner At 7-ElevenPosted 3 weeks ago
- How To Help The Montclair Animal Shelter After The FirePosted 4 weeks ago
- Montclair Animal Shelter Burns, Pets Need HelpPosted 4 weeks ago
Julia Ashley Featured In Star Ledger
Verona High School junior Julia Ashley has been down with a major knee injury for the past two months, but she is most definitely not out. Today’s Star Ledger has a story about how Ashley is working her way back from tearing the ACL, MCL and meniscus in her left knee just before Thanksgiving.
The injury was serious enough to require surgery and it means that Ashley, who competes in track and soccer, will not be running anywhere anytime soon. But watch out when she is back: “I will come back and be even stronger than before,” she told reporter Jim Lampert:
“Adrian Peterson, Alex Morgan, Wes Welker, and Tom Brady all went through it, and now Gronk (Rob Gronkowski) is going through it,” said Ashley. “I just have to keep preserving and not give up. Early on there is a lot of pain, but I just have to get through this first month and then start building back my muscles and then eventually be able to start running and getting back to where I was before. All those other athletes came back strong. So will I.”
You can read the full story here.
Get News Updates By Email
Verona View: The Park At Dusk
Photographer: Rory Langan People enjoy Verona Park from the...
- Posted 17 mins ago
Lions Help Camp For The Blind
This past Sunday, May 1, members of the Verona...
- Posted 4 hours ago
Juniors Celebrate 90th Year Of Service
This year marks the 90th anniversary of the Junior...
- Posted 5 hours ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 52
This is it folks: The last week of MyVeronaNJ.com’s...
- Posted 5 years ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 22
Naughty? Nice? We’re not going to be judgmental. We’re...
- Posted 5 years ago
PSEG: Here’s Verona Outage Map
With the millions of homes without power around New...
- Posted 4 years ago