- Subway Robber Gets 18+ YearsPosted 2 hours ago
- Victim Of Fatal Fire IdentifiedPosted 4 days ago
- Fatal Fire On Essex Fells-Verona BorderPosted 5 days ago
- Bonds, Clerk, Police IT Issues Roil Council MeetingPosted 2 weeks ago
- Water Main Break On MontrosePosted 3 weeks ago
- Verona Families Seek Leads In Nephew’s Murder As Reward GrowsPosted 4 weeks ago
- Paving Closes Streets On MondayPosted 1 month ago
- Attempted Armed Robbery At Fuel StopPosted 2 months ago
- Fire Guts Linden Avenue GaragePosted 3 months ago
- Water Main Break Affects Hemlock, LaurelPosted 3 months ago
Kaslander Scores 1,000 Points
It’s time to remake that giant banner in the Verona High School gym: This afternoon, Alex Kaslander joined the exclusive club of VHS basketball players who have scored 1,000 points in their high school career.
Kaslander score the milestone late in the third period of the game against North 13th Street Tech, a game that Verona would go on to win 66-51. Only 10 VHS boys and six VHS girls have had 1,000-point careers since Bucky Hatchet became the first to do so in 1945.
Kaslander came into the game needing 23 points, but only scored nine in the first half. There were some nervous glances around the gym, which was packed with family, friends, alumni and students. But the senior threw his game into high gear and the remaining points began to slide through the hoop with air to spare.
With just five points to go, the fans got to their feet and unfurled banners, and Kaslander’s mom, Amy Ferrari Kaslander, passed out some big head cutouts. The cheers rose louder and louder and the last points went in in a flash.
Get News Updates By Email
Where In Verona Is It? Week 52
This is it folks: The last week of MyVeronaNJ.com’s...
- Posted 3 years ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 22
Naughty? Nice? We’re not going to be judgmental. We’re...
- Posted 4 years ago
PSEG: Here’s Verona Outage Map
With the millions of homes without power around New...
- Posted 2 years ago