- Annin Pulls Loft PlanPosted 1 week ago
- Bloomfield Avenue Developer Loses AgainPosted 3 weeks ago
- Police Complaint: No Solution YetPosted 1 month ago
- Police Complaint: Busted Tech, Town Manager IntimidationPosted 1 month ago
- Tevlin Family Statement On Murder ArrestsPosted 2 months ago
- Arrests Made In Murder Of Veronans’ NephewPosted 2 months ago
- Subway Robber Gets 18+ YearsPosted 2 months ago
- Victim Of Fatal Fire IdentifiedPosted 2 months ago
- Fatal Fire On Essex Fells-Verona BorderPosted 2 months ago
- Bonds, Clerk, Police IT Issues Roil Council MeetingPosted 2 months ago
Basketball Triumphs In OT, Big Win For Hockey
Kaslander had 17 points in all on the Ridgers home court. Sophomore Dave Gautieri added to strong contributions to the Maroon and White this season with eight points and 12 rebounds. He now has 42 points to his credit, and 58 rebounds.
The boys basketball team’s record is now 7-1. They travel to Newark Central on Thursday, with a 7 p.m. start.
Meanwhile, over at the Codey Arena, the Verona-Glen Ridge Hockey team ended Montville’s unbeaten streak thanks to superb play from Verona senior Dylan DeCandia. He got VGR on the scoreboard first, and fired three more shots to take the team to a 5-3 victory. Fellow Verona senior Nick DiStaso had a goal and an assist, and the Mustang’s scoring attempts were repeatedly blocked by goalie Liam Blaney, a sophomore from the Verona side of the team.
VGR’s record now stands at 7-3-1. It heads out to northwestern New Jersey tomorrow night to take on Newton-Lenape Valley in a non-conference game. Its next in-conference game will be against West Essex at Codey Arena on Wednesday.
Photo copyright Bob Misuro. Used by permission.
Get News Updates By Email
Where In Verona Is It? Week 52
This is it folks: The last week of MyVeronaNJ.com’s...
- Posted 3 years ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 22
Naughty? Nice? We’re not going to be judgmental. We’re...
- Posted 4 years ago
PSEG: Here’s Verona Outage Map
With the millions of homes without power around New...
- Posted 2 years ago