- Fatal Fire On Essex Fells-Verona BorderPosted 17 hours ago
- Bonds, Clerk, Police IT Issues Roil Council MeetingPosted 1 week ago
- Water Main Break On MontrosePosted 2 weeks ago
- Verona Families Seek Leads In Nephew’s Murder As Reward GrowsPosted 3 weeks ago
- Paving Closes Streets On MondayPosted 1 month ago
- Attempted Armed Robbery At Fuel StopPosted 2 months ago
- Fire Guts Linden Avenue GaragePosted 3 months ago
- Water Main Break Affects Hemlock, LaurelPosted 3 months ago
- BOE Prez Faults Town Engineer For Field RumorsPosted 4 months ago
- Lower Linden Avenue Closing For ConstructionPosted 4 months ago
Senior Athlete Of The Week: Paul Scully
It’s hardly the first time that Scully has ruled the wrestling mat. A product of the Verona Junior Wrestling program, Scully has been a varsity wrestler for all four years at VHS. Now team captain, this year-round wrestler is known for being a hard worker and leader. Scully, who plans on continuing his wrestling in college, has long list of wins to his credit–more often than not by pin–and an equally long list of wrestling honors. He was named first team All Conference last season and has competed in the Region 4 championships since his freshman year. For his efforts, Paul Scully is the Verona Sports Boosters Senior Athlete of the Week.
During the 2013-2014 school year, the Verona Sports Boosters recognizes a different senior athlete at Verona High School every week. The Boosters support male and female athletes in all VHS sports through a variety of fundraisers and recognition events.
Photo copyright Donna Giuliano. Used by permission.
Get News Updates By Email
Where In Verona Is It? Week 52
This is it folks: The last week of MyVeronaNJ.com’s...
- Posted 3 years ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 22
Naughty? Nice? We’re not going to be judgmental. We’re...
- Posted 4 years ago
PSEG: Here’s Verona Outage Map
With the millions of homes without power around New...
- Posted 2 years ago