- Three File To Run For BOEPosted 7 hours ago
- Verona Police Recruiting OfficersPosted 9 hours ago
- Verona Police Blotter: July 8-15, 2016Posted 6 days ago
- Newark Man Arrested, Charged In Fatal Hit-And-RunPosted 2 weeks ago
- Claremont Construction Halt? Not ReallyPosted 3 weeks ago
- Town Opens Cooling CentersPosted 3 weeks ago
- Verona Police Blotter: June 24 – July 1Posted 3 weeks ago
- Traffic Signs–And Common SensePosted 4 weeks ago
- Police Seek Witnesses To Fatal Hit-And-RunPosted 4 weeks ago
- Verona Business Owner Killed In Hit And RunPosted 1 month ago
Verona Teacher Leads Vermont Farm Trip
Every year, the Co-op’s 7th graders spend a week living and working on Spring Brook Farm in Reading, Vt. The dairy and sugar bush farm, noted for its maple syrup and its award-winning cheese, offers students an outdoor classroom that teaches the suburban kids what life and work is like on a farm.
These seventh graders milked and brushed the cows, fed and took care of the goats, pigs, and turkeys, collected eggs from the chickens, harvested beans, squash and spinach, picked apples, made applesauce, hiked regularly, and even cleaned out the stalls. Farm staff commented that the experience encouraged teamwork, responsibility, and respect, and students applied a healthy dose of math and science in their daily work.
The Montclair Cooperative School, located at 65 Chestnut Street, is celebrating 50 years in education this year.
Get News Updates By Email
Where In Verona Is It? Week 52
This is it folks: The last week of MyVeronaNJ.com’s...
- Posted 5 years ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 22
Naughty? Nice? We’re not going to be judgmental. We’re...
- Posted 6 years ago
PSEG: Here’s Verona Outage Map
With the millions of homes without power around New...
- Posted 4 years ago