- Bloomfield Avenue Crash Sends 3 To HospitalPosted 3 days ago
- Verona Police Blotter: March 12-18, 2017Posted 4 days ago
- Verona In Washington: Healthcare, Budget Cuts & Veterans CarePosted 1 week ago
- Verona Public Schools Closed TuesdayPosted 2 weeks ago
- Verona Wins First State Hoops Championship Since 1957Posted 2 weeks ago
- Verona Police Blotter: February 26–March 4, 2017Posted 3 weeks ago
- Belleville Man Charged In Death Of Verona Woman In Lakeside DWI CrashPosted 3 weeks ago
- 6 File To Run For Town CouncilPosted 3 weeks ago
- Verona Police Blotter: February 17-25, 2017Posted 4 weeks ago
- Driver Sentenced In Hit-And-Run That Killed Verona BusinessmanPosted 1 month ago
Demolition Begins At Bahr Lumber
According to Tom Jacobsen, who heads Verona’s Buildings Department, demolition permits were issued last Thursday for the project. Work on the site was put on hold after a lawsuit was filed by Durrell Street residents against the Township of Verona, the mayor and Town Council and the Planning Board over the change in zoning on the site from M-1 manufacturing to A-3 residential. The 3.6-acre property was home to the Charles Bahr & Son lumber business from 1924 to 2011. (Bahr Oil has moved its headquarters to Bloomfield Avenue.)
Terms of the lawsuit settlement are confidential, but Verona Township Manager Joe Martin expressed satisfaction that work was beginning on the site. “This is an important project for Verona,” said Martin, who will be meeting with Lennar officials on Tuesday to review their construction plan. No building permits have yet been issued.
Lennar’s original plan called for six buildings set perpendicular to Durrell with street-front facades that will look like a single-family home. The buildings will contain 33 attached townhouses with two bedrooms and a total of 2,600 square feet of interior space.Click here for reuse options!
Copyright 2014 MyVeronaNJ
Get News Updates By Email
The Library’s Renovation PAL
RepublishReprint Yes, the Verona Public Library is going to...
- Posted 14 hours ago
Verona In Washington: Frelinghuysen Pulls Support For ACA Repeal, Senate Confirms Ambassador To Israel
RepublishReprint The news out of Capitol Hill this week...
- Posted 20 hours ago
Wye Not: A Peter Frelinghuysen Moment
RepublishReprint No, that’s not a typo in the headline....
- Posted 2 days ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 52
RepublishReprint This is it folks: The last week of...
- Posted 6 years ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 22
RepublishReprint Naughty? Nice? We’re not going to be judgmental....
- Posted 6 years ago
PSEG: Here’s Verona Outage Map
RepublishReprint With the millions of homes without power around...
- Posted 4 years ago