- Dodd Terrace Residents Complain About MusicPosted 3 days ago
- Top Stories For September 2014Posted 1 week ago
- PBA, Town Talk Tech But No SolutionPosted 3 weeks ago
- Veronan Named NJ Teacher Of The YearPosted 3 weeks ago
- Gas Station Murder Case To Be RetriedPosted 3 weeks ago
- Softball Field VandalizedPosted 4 weeks ago
- Veronans Join People’s Climate MarchPosted 1 month ago
- Top Stories For August 2014Posted 1 month ago
- Annin Pulls Loft PlanPosted 1 month ago
- Bloomfield Avenue Developer Loses AgainPosted 2 months ago
Demolition Begins At Bahr Lumber
According to Tom Jacobsen, who heads Verona’s Buildings Department, demolition permits were issued last Thursday for the project. Work on the site was put on hold after a lawsuit was filed by Durrell Street residents against the Township of Verona, the mayor and Town Council and the Planning Board over the change in zoning on the site from M-1 manufacturing to A-3 residential. The 3.6-acre property was home to the Charles Bahr & Son lumber business from 1924 to 2011. (Bahr Oil has moved its headquarters to Bloomfield Avenue.)
Terms of the lawsuit settlement are confidential, but Verona Township Manager Joe Martin expressed satisfaction that work was beginning on the site. “This is an important project for Verona,” said Martin, who will be meeting with Lennar officials on Tuesday to review their construction plan. No building permits have yet been issued.
Lennar’s original plan called for six buildings set perpendicular to Durrell with street-front facades that will look like a single-family home. The buildings will contain 33 attached townhouses with two bedrooms and a total of 2,600 square feet of interior space.
Get News Updates By Email
Juniors Say Thanks For Hunger Week Success
To the editor: Verona Fights Hunger Week, coordinated by...
- Posted 3 hours ago
Explore Jewish Prayer At Beth Ahm
Congregation Beth Ahm will be presenting an exciting new...
- Posted 4 hours ago
7 Bedrooms, Anyone?
Let’s face it: When many people think of a...
- Posted 7 hours ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 52
This is it folks: The last week of MyVeronaNJ.com’s...
- Posted 3 years ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 22
Naughty? Nice? We’re not going to be judgmental. We’re...
- Posted 4 years ago
PSEG: Here’s Verona Outage Map
With the millions of homes without power around New...
- Posted 2 years ago