- MyVeronaNJ Reader SurveyPosted 2 days ago
- Verona Police Blotter: February 10-17, 2017Posted 2 days ago
- Verona Police Blotter: February 3–10, 2017Posted 1 week ago
- Delayed Opening February 13Posted 1 week ago
- Snow Day!Posted 2 weeks ago
- Police Seek Information On Child Luring SuspectPosted 1 month ago
- Deer Hunt Returns To Hilltop January 31Posted 1 month ago
- Verona Police Blotter: December 30, 2016 – January 6, 2017Posted 1 month ago
- Top Stories For December 2016Posted 2 months ago
- Top Stories For 2016Posted 2 months ago
Demolition Begins At Bahr Lumber
According to Tom Jacobsen, who heads Verona’s Buildings Department, demolition permits were issued last Thursday for the project. Work on the site was put on hold after a lawsuit was filed by Durrell Street residents against the Township of Verona, the mayor and Town Council and the Planning Board over the change in zoning on the site from M-1 manufacturing to A-3 residential. The 3.6-acre property was home to the Charles Bahr & Son lumber business from 1924 to 2011. (Bahr Oil has moved its headquarters to Bloomfield Avenue.)
Terms of the lawsuit settlement are confidential, but Verona Township Manager Joe Martin expressed satisfaction that work was beginning on the site. “This is an important project for Verona,” said Martin, who will be meeting with Lennar officials on Tuesday to review their construction plan. No building permits have yet been issued.
Lennar’s original plan called for six buildings set perpendicular to Durrell with street-front facades that will look like a single-family home. The buildings will contain 33 attached townhouses with two bedrooms and a total of 2,600 square feet of interior space.
Get News Updates By Email
Frelinghuysen Meets With VHS Students
Rep. Rodney Frelinghuysen spent the first afternoon of the...
- Posted 8 hours ago
Frelinghuysen Urges Feds To Investigate Anti-Semitic Threats
U.S. Congressman Rodney Frelinghuysen (NJ-11), who represents Verona in...
- Posted 16 hours ago
Fire Department Honors Gerlach
The Verona Fire Department threw a testimonial dinner for...
- Posted 17 hours ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 52
This is it folks: The last week of MyVeronaNJ.com’s...
- Posted 6 years ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 22
Naughty? Nice? We’re not going to be judgmental. We’re...
- Posted 6 years ago
PSEG: Here’s Verona Outage Map
With the millions of homes without power around New...
- Posted 4 years ago