- BOE Prez Faults Town Engineer For Field RumorsPosted 2 weeks ago
- Lower Linden Avenue Closing For ConstructionPosted 2 weeks ago
- Mt. Prospect Closed Southbound Until Sunday MorningPosted 4 weeks ago
- Referendum Passes By Wide MarginPosted 1 month ago
- Schools Closed Again: Snow Day 6Posted 2 months ago
- Board Of Ed Approves Referendum, Goes To Voters March 11Posted 2 months ago
- Gov. Christie And The Flappy BirdsPosted 2 months ago
- Superior Court Reverses Ruling In Lawsuit Against BOEPosted 2 months ago
- BOE Backs Off Split ReferendumPosted 3 months ago
- Superintendent To Leave Verona For DenvillePosted 3 months ago
VMAC Talks To VHS Students About Alcohol Poisoning
The Verona High School administration, guidance, health and athletic departments partnered with the Verona Police Department to bring Aware Awake Alive to VHS students on November 27. The mission was to educate students on the signs of alcohol poisoning and NJ’s 911 Lifeline Law that provides immunity to those who call for help.
Shirley Bush, VHS school nurse and Dana Lustig, student assistance counselor, delivered the program in physical education classes. Pictured with them are Verona Police Officer Dan Greco, Gary Farishian, Kimberly Ferlauto, Chris DeMond, Diane Newman, Colleen Green, Patricia Hemsley-Carlotto, Alyssa Calabrese, Eric McElroy, Kathleen Grant, Glenn Cesa, and David Galbierczyck.
The program was funded by the Verona Municipal Alliance Committee (VMAC). VMAC receives its funding from a grant through New Jersey’s Governor’s Council on Alcoholism and Drug Abuse with matching funds from the Township of Verona.
Get News Updates By Email
Real Estate For Easter: Bring Bunnies
Beatrix Potter’s Peter Rabbit wanted to make his home...
- Posted 19 hours ago
Senior Athlete Of The Week: Lauren Ednie
If you want to know how far Verona’s lacrosse...
- Posted 2 days ago
Hilltop Groundbreaking April 21
The ground-breaking ceremony for the two new multi-purpose youth...
- Posted 3 days ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 52
This is it folks: The last week of MyVeronaNJ.com’s...
- Posted 3 years ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 22
Naughty? Nice? We’re not going to be judgmental. We’re...
- Posted 3 years ago
PSEG: Here’s Verona Outage Map
With the millions of homes without power around New...
- Posted 1 year ago