- BOE Prez Faults Town Engineer For Field RumorsPosted 2 weeks ago
- Lower Linden Avenue Closing For ConstructionPosted 2 weeks ago
- Mt. Prospect Closed Southbound Until Sunday MorningPosted 1 month ago
- Referendum Passes By Wide MarginPosted 1 month ago
- Schools Closed Again: Snow Day 6Posted 2 months ago
- Board Of Ed Approves Referendum, Goes To Voters March 11Posted 2 months ago
- Gov. Christie And The Flappy BirdsPosted 2 months ago
- Superior Court Reverses Ruling In Lawsuit Against BOEPosted 3 months ago
- BOE Backs Off Split ReferendumPosted 3 months ago
- Superintendent To Leave Verona For DenvillePosted 3 months ago
Happy Fourth Birthday To Us!
MyVeronaNJ.com was supposed to have been unveiled to the world of Verona (and beyond) at Fair In The Square in December 2009. But it snowed that day and the Fair was cancelled. We still think of the Fair as our birthday and since today is the Fair, we’d like to tell you how far we have come since 2009.
- We’ve published 5,586 stories
- We’ve had 381,034 unique visitors from every country on the planet
- Together, it means we’re just shy of 2.1 million pageviews
In the beginning, people read us from their desktop or laptop computers. Now, a rather large percentage read us from a smartphone or tablet. We’re not going to say how large (it would freak out the competition), but it is large enough–and growing–that earlier this year we became the first news site in New Jersey to use technology that automatically reformats our stories and ads to fit whatever device you’re using to read us.
We are insanely happy that we continue to have a very loyal audience: Almost 60% of our readers come back to the site regularly. But we get new readers every day from among the people who live in Verona, the people who want to live in Verona and the people who used to live here but still think it’s home. Women and men, from teenagers through seniors. They read about sports, schools and real estate, and a whole bunch of topics that we probably didn’t think Verona would be interested in when we started the site.
Over our first four years, we’ve told you about some of the really cool people who live here, Verona’s history, and the things that are shaping Verona’s future. We’ve told you about the friends and neighbors who have passed away, and a few moments when Verona wasn’t on its best behavior. We’ve put some of the top headlines in the poll below; if you guess which one was the most-read story since 2009, we’ll give you one of our fabulous “I Love MyVeronaNJ.com” t-shirts.
Get News Updates By Email
Boys Lacrosse Gets A Win
Senior Matt Thompson had his best game ever for...
- Posted 16 hours ago
Verona In The Montclair Film Festival
The Montclair Film Festival is a seven-day extravaganza of...
- Posted 18 hours ago
VHS Makes Another Top High Schools List
Verona High School has made U.S. News & World...
- Posted 1 day ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 52
This is it folks: The last week of MyVeronaNJ.com’s...
- Posted 3 years ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 22
Naughty? Nice? We’re not going to be judgmental. We’re...
- Posted 3 years ago
PSEG: Here’s Verona Outage Map
With the millions of homes without power around New...
- Posted 1 year ago