- BOE Prez Faults Town Engineer For Field RumorsPosted 1 week ago
- Lower Linden Avenue Closing For ConstructionPosted 2 weeks ago
- Mt. Prospect Closed Southbound Until Sunday MorningPosted 4 weeks ago
- Referendum Passes By Wide MarginPosted 1 month ago
- Schools Closed Again: Snow Day 6Posted 2 months ago
- Board Of Ed Approves Referendum, Goes To Voters March 11Posted 2 months ago
- Gov. Christie And The Flappy BirdsPosted 2 months ago
- Superior Court Reverses Ruling In Lawsuit Against BOEPosted 2 months ago
- BOE Backs Off Split ReferendumPosted 3 months ago
- Superintendent To Leave Verona For DenvillePosted 3 months ago
Senior Athlete Of The Week: Matt Carroll
Carroll, a three-year varsity starter for the running program, has shaved mored than seven minutes off his time for the distance race. His top finish this fall was 17:54, down a full minute from his time in the UNICO Labor Day 5K in Verona Park on September 2. A team captain in both his junior and senior year, Carroll led the boys varsity squad to a 10-0 record this year and a Colonial Division title. He placed second in the Conference championship race that his team won and was named 1st team All SEC Colonial Division. For his leadership of the boys cross country team, Matt Carroll is the Verona Sports Boosters Senior Athlete of the Week.
For Carroll, the fall season has generally meant dashing straight from a cross country meet into the Verona High School music room to pick up his trumpet and play with the band. The scholar athlete was one of just 17 VHS students named an AP Scholar with Distinction this fall, an honor given to students who receive an average score of at least 3.5 on all AP exams taken, and scores of 3 or higher on five or more of these exams. He was also inducted into the National Honor Society this past May. Carroll will run the 800, 1600 and 3200 in winter and spring track, and hopes to continue running in college.
During the 2013-2014 school year, the Verona Sports Boosters recognizes a different senior athlete at Verona High School every week. The Boosters support male and female athletes in all VHS sports through a variety of fundraisers and recognition events.
Image copyright Treesh Ramsthaler. Used by permission.
Get News Updates By Email
Senior Athlete Of The Week: Lauren Ednie
If you want to know how far Verona’s lacrosse...
- Posted 47 mins ago
Hilltop Groundbreaking April 21
The ground-breaking ceremony for the two new multi-purpose youth...
- Posted 21 hours ago
Softball Clinic Success
Forty elementary and middle school students have been getting...
- Posted 22 hours ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 52
This is it folks: The last week of MyVeronaNJ.com’s...
- Posted 3 years ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 22
Naughty? Nice? We’re not going to be judgmental. We’re...
- Posted 3 years ago
PSEG: Here’s Verona Outage Map
With the millions of homes without power around New...
- Posted 1 year ago