- BOE Prez Faults Town Engineer For Field RumorsPosted 1 week ago
- Lower Linden Avenue Closing For ConstructionPosted 1 week ago
- Mt. Prospect Closed Southbound Until Sunday MorningPosted 4 weeks ago
- Referendum Passes By Wide MarginPosted 1 month ago
- Schools Closed Again: Snow Day 6Posted 2 months ago
- Board Of Ed Approves Referendum, Goes To Voters March 11Posted 2 months ago
- Gov. Christie And The Flappy BirdsPosted 2 months ago
- Superior Court Reverses Ruling In Lawsuit Against BOEPosted 2 months ago
- BOE Backs Off Split ReferendumPosted 3 months ago
- Superintendent To Leave Verona For DenvillePosted 3 months ago
Alan R. Carver, 81
Mr. Alan R. Carver, 81, died on Tuesday, November 26, 2013 at his hunting camp. Services will be held in the Prout Funeral Home, 370 Bloomfield Avenue, Verona, on Monday, December 2 at 10 a.m. Visiting will be on Sunday from 3 to 7 p.m.
Alan was born in Glen Ridge and raised in Verona. He lived in Livingston for over 20 years before moving to North Caldwell and of recent Milford, Delaware. Alan was the loving son of the late Albert H. Carver and the late Minnie C. Carver of Verona.
Alan leaves behind, his loving wife Jean M. Carver, his beloved sister, Shirley Kiefer and her husband Jack and his beloved and adored children, whom he loved and cherished and was very proud of, namely, his #1 son, Alan H. Carver and his wife Nancy, his son Red Worden, and his wife Katie, his daughter Donna Carver and her husband, Michael, his daughter Cheryl Holdosi and her husband Alex and his daughter, Janet Lam and her husband, Larry.
He also leaves behind his beloved and cherished grandchildren, Aaron, Jack, Alan (AJ), Amanda, Laura, Carlye, Jessie, William, Danielle, Nikki and Alex, Faith, Abbie, Maddie, Aidan, Riley, Ronnie, Mollie and Meghan and 12 great grandchildren. He also leaves behind his nephew, Robert Kiefer and his wife Laurie and his niece, Linda and her husband Rob. He also leaves behind two grandnephews and a grandniece. He also leaves behind his beloved cat, Tommy and his dogs Kane and Rudy.
He also leaves behind his cherished friends Annie and Warren Leininger. Alan leaves behind his dear friend Bob Gurney and his wife, Carol. He leaves behind his neighbor and friend Nicholas Georgiev and his wife Maria. He also leaves behind his hunters, his BD family, his BD softball team, Sam, Baby Jeannie, April and Stewart and many other cherished friends.
Get News Updates By Email
Registration Opens For Zumba Class
The Verona Recreation Department has opened registration for a...
- Posted 4 hours ago
Verona Park Boathouse To Get Major Makeover
Essex County Executive Joseph N. DiVincenzo, Jr. said today...
- Posted 22 hours ago
Parenting Pre-Teens And Teens
If you have a teenager do you feel confused...
- Posted 1 day ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 52
This is it folks: The last week of MyVeronaNJ.com’s...
- Posted 3 years ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 22
Naughty? Nice? We’re not going to be judgmental. We’re...
- Posted 3 years ago
PSEG: Here’s Verona Outage Map
With the millions of homes without power around New...
- Posted 1 year ago