- Car Drives Through Window At Wells Fargo BankPosted 1 week ago
- Stretch Of Linden Avenue ClosedPosted 2 weeks ago
- Football Scores Playoff Upset, Beats CresskillPosted 2 weeks ago
- Linden Avenue Road Work To Start: Expect ClosuresPosted 1 month ago
- Resident Arrested On Identity Theft ChargePosted 1 month ago
- Patriots Owner Sets $500,000 Challenge To Fight Disease That Affects Verona ChildPosted 2 months ago
- Verona Resident, Two Others, Arrested In Cocaine BustPosted 2 months ago
- 7 File To Replace DuBois On Board Of EdPosted 2 months ago
- Verona Under Tornado WatchPosted 2 months ago
- DuBois Resigns From Board Of Education, Replacement SoughtPosted 2 months ago
Patriots Owner Sets $500,000 Challenge To Fight Disease That Affects Verona Child
Three years ago, Zoey Penny was diagnosed with progeria, a disease that causes children to age rapidly. There have been many fundraisers for her across Verona since then, but none as large as the one that Robert Kraft set in motion last week. The Patriots owner and the Penny family were in New York City for a screening of Life According to Sam, an HBO movie about a teenager who is also affected by progeria.
According the Progeria Research Foundation, the Patriots owner had planned on making a $100,000 gift to PRF, but after watching the documentary he increased it five-fold. This means that all donations made to PRF through October 23, which will be the 17th birthday of the young man in the movie, will be matched up to $500,000.
You can watch the trailer for Life According to Sam here:
Get News Updates By Email
State OKs $3.5M Grant For School Referendum Work
The Verona Board of Education has received a state...
- Posted 5 hours ago
Ring Found, 35 Years Later
A week or so ago, John Davila was raking...
- Posted 12 hours ago
Apply Now To Compete In Junior’s Spelling Bee
The Junior Woman’s Club of Verona invites all fourth...
- Posted 13 hours ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 52
This is it folks: The last week of MyVeronaNJ.com’s...
- Posted 2 years ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 22
Naughty? Nice? We’re not going to be judgmental. We’re...
- Posted 3 years ago
PSEG: Here’s Verona Outage Map
With the millions of homes without power around New...
- Posted 1 year ago