- Delayed Opening MondayPosted 3 days ago
- Car Drives Through Window At Wells Fargo BankPosted 2 weeks ago
- Stretch Of Linden Avenue ClosedPosted 3 weeks ago
- Football Scores Playoff Upset, Beats CresskillPosted 3 weeks ago
- Linden Avenue Road Work To Start: Expect ClosuresPosted 2 months ago
- Resident Arrested On Identity Theft ChargePosted 2 months ago
- Patriots Owner Sets $500,000 Challenge To Fight Disease That Affects Verona ChildPosted 2 months ago
- Verona Resident, Two Others, Arrested In Cocaine BustPosted 2 months ago
- 7 File To Replace DuBois On Board Of EdPosted 2 months ago
- Verona Under Tornado WatchPosted 2 months ago
Veterans Job Fair This Saturday
Co-hosted by the Township of Verona and the Cedar Grove Elks Veterans Service Committee, the Veterans Fair will be held on Saturday, September 28, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Verona Community Center, 880 Bloomfield Avenue, Verona, NJ 07044.
The Kearfott Corporation, Comfort Keepers, New Jersey Fallen Soldiers Foundation, U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs, New Jersey Department of Military and Veterans Affairs, Veterans Crisis Line, Bloomfield Veterans Center, Halos for Angels, VA Transportation Network Foundation, Marotta Controls, Passaic County Office of Veterans Affairs, Veterans Chamber of Commerce, Montclair State University Veterans Association, Carpenters Local 254, Honeywell International, Real Estate Mortgage Network, Community Food Bank and other groups will also participate.
“So many of our veterans are having difficulties re-adjusting to life as a civilian, making decisions about their future, and finding jobs and housing,” said Frelinghuysen, a veteran of the Vietnam conflict. “What better way for us to thank them for their service and sacrifices than by helping them in their transition?”
For more information about the event, please contact Jon Donado in Frelinghuysen’s Morristown office at (973) 984-0711.
Transportation to the Veterans Fair:
Two daily NJ TRANSIT bus routes serve Verona. The #29 bus travels along Bloomfield Avenue through West Caldwell, Caldwell, Verona, Montclair, Glen Ridge & Bloomfield to Newark Penn Station. The #11 bus travels between Newark Penn Station and Willowbrook Mall via Bloomfield & Pompton Aves. Both buses operate seven days a week.
NJ TRANSIT buses are accessible: they “kneel” to lower the height of the first step and have lifts for riders who cannot use steps. Ask the bus driver for both services.
Get News Updates By Email
Senior Athlete Of The Week: Jessica Parsons
The word “ace” conjurs up images of a big...
- Posted 14 hours ago
Snow’s Tally: 2 Inches, 11 Accidents
Verona didn’t get the six inches of snow that...
- Posted 1 day ago
Snow Cancels After-School Activities
The roads are clear in Verona now and sanded,...
- Posted 2 days ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 52
This is it folks: The last week of MyVeronaNJ.com’s...
- Posted 2 years ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 22
Naughty? Nice? We’re not going to be judgmental. We’re...
- Posted 3 years ago
PSEG: Here’s Verona Outage Map
With the millions of homes without power around New...
- Posted 1 year ago