- Car Drives Through Window At Wells Fargo BankPosted 2 weeks ago
- Stretch Of Linden Avenue ClosedPosted 2 weeks ago
- Football Scores Playoff Upset, Beats CresskillPosted 3 weeks ago
- Linden Avenue Road Work To Start: Expect ClosuresPosted 1 month ago
- Resident Arrested On Identity Theft ChargePosted 1 month ago
- Patriots Owner Sets $500,000 Challenge To Fight Disease That Affects Verona ChildPosted 2 months ago
- Verona Resident, Two Others, Arrested In Cocaine BustPosted 2 months ago
- 7 File To Replace DuBois On Board Of EdPosted 2 months ago
- Verona Under Tornado WatchPosted 2 months ago
- DuBois Resigns From Board Of Education, Replacement SoughtPosted 2 months ago
Harrington, Robbins To Go Bald In Cancer Fundraiser
Scott Harrington, the co-owner of the Postnet in Verona, and former Town Council member Jim Robbins are going bald in a fast way this weekend.
The two have pledged to have their heads shaved as part of a fundraiser for the St. Baldrick’s Foundation, which raises money for research into childhood cancer.
The foundation will host one of its signature head-shaving events at the West Orange Shillelagh Club on Saturday, September 21, at 3 p.m. (Harrington is the current president of the club). Dozens of men, women and even kids will have their heads shaved, many by John Terzo, the owner of JT’s Barbershop, who volunteers his time at the event every year.
The Shillelagh Club event has a goal to raise more than $500,000 in total donations for this fundraiser, which is in its seventh year. Admission is free but there will be a modest charge for food and beverages; shaves get pledges for their efforts. All of the of money collected goes to the St Baldrick’s Foundation. There will also be a raffle and silent auction. St. Baldrick’s has been encouraging local businesses to donate products or services for the raffle/auction, as well as food and beverages.
If you can’t be there, but want to support the event, there’s a donation page here.
Get News Updates By Email
Salvatore ‘Mike’ Ferrante, 80
Mr. Salvatore ‘Mike’ Ferrante, 80, died on Friday, December...
- Posted 3 hours ago
Real Estate For December 7-8: Higher Prices, Faster Sales
If you’re a prospective home seller in Verona, this...
- Posted 6 hours ago
Happy Fourth Birthday To Us!
MyVeronaNJ.com was supposed to have been unveiled to the...
- Posted 12 hours ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 52
This is it folks: The last week of MyVeronaNJ.com’s...
- Posted 2 years ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 22
Naughty? Nice? We’re not going to be judgmental. We’re...
- Posted 3 years ago
PSEG: Here’s Verona Outage Map
With the millions of homes without power around New...
- Posted 1 year ago