- Delayed Opening MondayPosted 3 days ago
- Car Drives Through Window At Wells Fargo BankPosted 2 weeks ago
- Stretch Of Linden Avenue ClosedPosted 3 weeks ago
- Football Scores Playoff Upset, Beats CresskillPosted 3 weeks ago
- Linden Avenue Road Work To Start: Expect ClosuresPosted 2 months ago
- Resident Arrested On Identity Theft ChargePosted 2 months ago
- Patriots Owner Sets $500,000 Challenge To Fight Disease That Affects Verona ChildPosted 2 months ago
- Verona Resident, Two Others, Arrested In Cocaine BustPosted 2 months ago
- 7 File To Replace DuBois On Board Of EdPosted 2 months ago
- Verona Under Tornado WatchPosted 2 months ago
Fairfield Firemen Collect For Angelina’s Army
On August 11, the firefighters–including McNamara’s sons Carl and Ryan–held a so-called boot drive to collect change from motorists to donate to “Angelina’s Army“. That group was formed to support the Phillips-Edelman family, whose daughter Angelina has a rare form of cancer. You can read about the fire department’s efforts in greater detail here.
Earlier this summer, restaurants in Verona, Cedar Grove and Caldwell began their own effort to help the family by pledging to make donations when customers write “Angelina” on their bill. That program continues through the end of August and you can get information on participating restaurants here.
Angelina turned four on August 12 and got a visit from two Disney princesses, an event that the family shared on their blog. They also shared details of the child’s latest scans: “SIGNIFICANT reduction in the amount of cancer! We’re doing one more round of chemo to save some lymph nodes- overall everyone is pleased! Hoping to do her wish before surgery- although after yesterday I’m not sure we can top that!”
Get News Updates By Email
Senior Athlete Of The Week: Jessica Parsons
The word “ace” conjurs up images of a big...
- Posted 13 hours ago
Snow’s Tally: 2 Inches, 11 Accidents
Verona didn’t get the six inches of snow that...
- Posted 1 day ago
Snow Cancels After-School Activities
The roads are clear in Verona now and sanded,...
- Posted 1 day ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 52
This is it folks: The last week of MyVeronaNJ.com’s...
- Posted 2 years ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 22
Naughty? Nice? We’re not going to be judgmental. We’re...
- Posted 3 years ago
PSEG: Here’s Verona Outage Map
With the millions of homes without power around New...
- Posted 1 year ago