- Car Drives Through Window At Wells Fargo BankPosted 2 weeks ago
- Stretch Of Linden Avenue ClosedPosted 2 weeks ago
- Football Scores Playoff Upset, Beats CresskillPosted 3 weeks ago
- Linden Avenue Road Work To Start: Expect ClosuresPosted 1 month ago
- Resident Arrested On Identity Theft ChargePosted 1 month ago
- Patriots Owner Sets $500,000 Challenge To Fight Disease That Affects Verona ChildPosted 2 months ago
- Verona Resident, Two Others, Arrested In Cocaine BustPosted 2 months ago
- 7 File To Replace DuBois On Board Of EdPosted 2 months ago
- Verona Under Tornado WatchPosted 2 months ago
- DuBois Resigns From Board Of Education, Replacement SoughtPosted 2 months ago
Consumer Reports Ranks Mountainside, Barnabas, St. Joe’s For Surgery
Last week, the magazine released its analysis of operations at 2,463 U.S. hospitals. Mountainside, which is now part of Hackensack University Medical Center, got the second highest ranking in New Jersey, right below its parent hospital.
Consumer Reports‘ surgical complications rankings were based on the percentage of Medicare patients undergoing surgery who die in the hospital or stay longer than expected. The magazine looked at 27 kinds of scheduled surgeries, and developed its own rating for five procedures: back surgery, hip and knee replacements, and procedures to remove blockages in heart or neck arteries. The magazine adjusted its ratings to minimize differences among hospitals due to the types of patients they serve.
Livingston-based Saint Barnabas wound up in the middle of the magazine’s report, with the open circle that Consumer Reports uses to give an evaluation that is neither good nor bad.
St. Joseph’s Regional Medical Center in Paterson, which some Verona parents favor for pediatric emergencies, was third to last in the New Jersey rankings, which covered 59 hospitals.
You can read the magazine’s guide here.
Get News Updates By Email
Public School Email Down
Verona’s public schools have sent out an email saying...
- Posted 19 hours ago
Hillbilly Ornaments At Fair In The Square
The Verona High School Alumni Association will be selling...
- Posted 23 hours ago
State OKs $3.5M Grant For School Referendum Work
The Verona Board of Education has received a state...
- Posted 2 days ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 52
This is it folks: The last week of MyVeronaNJ.com’s...
- Posted 2 years ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 22
Naughty? Nice? We’re not going to be judgmental. We’re...
- Posted 3 years ago
PSEG: Here’s Verona Outage Map
With the millions of homes without power around New...
- Posted 1 year ago