- Car Drives Through Window At Wells Fargo BankPosted 2 weeks ago
- Stretch Of Linden Avenue ClosedPosted 2 weeks ago
- Football Scores Playoff Upset, Beats CresskillPosted 3 weeks ago
- Linden Avenue Road Work To Start: Expect ClosuresPosted 1 month ago
- Resident Arrested On Identity Theft ChargePosted 1 month ago
- Patriots Owner Sets $500,000 Challenge To Fight Disease That Affects Verona ChildPosted 2 months ago
- Verona Resident, Two Others, Arrested In Cocaine BustPosted 2 months ago
- 7 File To Replace DuBois On Board Of EdPosted 2 months ago
- Verona Under Tornado WatchPosted 2 months ago
- DuBois Resigns From Board Of Education, Replacement SoughtPosted 2 months ago
Town Manager Case Assigned To Court
Earlier this month, the Verona Observer reported that Nochimson had received an allegedly threatening phone call from Martin on May 21. Nochimson waited until June 28 to file a police report after his efforts to resolve the matter privately proved fruitless. Town Attorney Michael Gannaio had attempted to block the release of that police report to the press.
The complaint, which was filed on July 18, alleges that Martin called Nochimson on the evening of May 21 “while under the influence of some substance”. The Observer reported that Martin called Nochimson after the councilman got a copy of the Martin’s contract and distributed it to the other council members. The paper said that Martin threatened Nochimson saying, “Good luck, and watch yourself buddy boy.”
Martin has been Verona’s manager since 2004 and his contract was renewed at the Town Council meeting last week. The contract has not yet been made public because Martin has not signed it.
According to a letter released by Nochimson’s attorney, the criminal case will be heard by the Hon. William H. Williams Jr. The letter does not indicate when the matter will be heard; Livingston’s court meets only on Wednesdays and Thursdays.
Get News Updates By Email
Public School Email Down
Verona’s public schools have sent out an email saying...
- Posted 11 hours ago
Hillbilly Ornaments At Fair In The Square
The Verona High School Alumni Association will be selling...
- Posted 14 hours ago
State OKs $3.5M Grant For School Referendum Work
The Verona Board of Education has received a state...
- Posted 1 day ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 52
This is it folks: The last week of MyVeronaNJ.com’s...
- Posted 2 years ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 22
Naughty? Nice? We’re not going to be judgmental. We’re...
- Posted 3 years ago
PSEG: Here’s Verona Outage Map
With the millions of homes without power around New...
- Posted 1 year ago