- Dodd Terrace Residents Complain About MusicPosted 12 hours ago
- PBA, Town Talk Tech But No SolutionPosted 2 weeks ago
- Veronan Named NJ Teacher Of The YearPosted 2 weeks ago
- Gas Station Murder Case To Be RetriedPosted 3 weeks ago
- Softball Field VandalizedPosted 3 weeks ago
- Veronans Join People’s Climate MarchPosted 1 month ago
- Annin Pulls Loft PlanPosted 1 month ago
- Bloomfield Avenue Developer Loses AgainPosted 2 months ago
- Police Complaint: No Solution YetPosted 2 months ago
- Police Complaint: Busted Tech, Town Manager IntimidationPosted 2 months ago
San Diego Loves DePalma
The Verona High School graduate signed a two-year deal with the Chargers in April and he has been working hard in the off-season. Here’s what the Chargers’ official news site has to say this week of his efforts:
“He’s done a nice job and he’s made the most of his opportunities,” McCoy said last week following the end of the team’s final mini camp. “The way we rotate practice, we give everyone an opportunity to play. All the receivers have bought in to what we’re doing and they are in the best shape of their lives. We’re going to run them a lot, and (DePalma’s) done a nice job.”
Boltbeat.com, a fan site that is part of Sports Illustrated, takes things one step further. It says that DePalma–a mild-mannered guy in real life–is “destined to be Chargers fans new bromance”. (“Bromance”, if you haven’t heard the term, is a kind of crush that Hollywood has decided that men get.)
“San Diego Chargers fans have this affinity for little, white receivers in the pre-season,” writes Boltbeat. “It has a little to do with the fact that we let go of Wes Welker and he turned into a stud. Everyone loves an underdog.”
Of course, neither underdog status, nor bromance nor praise is a lock on a spot on the roster. We’ll keep you posted.
Photo copyright San Diego Chargers. Used by permission.
Get News Updates By Email
Dodd Terrace Residents Complain About Music
Barbara Bochese, a resident of Dodd Terrace and one...
- Posted 12 hours ago
Waterman Breaks Volleyball Kill Record
Carly Waterman is only a freshman, but she already...
- Posted 17 hours ago
Smithereens, Defending Champions Headline Concert For Murdered Student
The 1980s rock band The Smithereens and The Defending...
- Posted 18 hours ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 52
This is it folks: The last week of MyVeronaNJ.com’s...
- Posted 3 years ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 22
Naughty? Nice? We’re not going to be judgmental. We’re...
- Posted 4 years ago
PSEG: Here’s Verona Outage Map
With the millions of homes without power around New...
- Posted 2 years ago