- Police Seek Information On Child Luring SuspectPosted 5 days ago
- Deer Hunt Returns To Hilltop January 31Posted 1 week ago
- Verona Police Blotter: December 30, 2016 – January 6, 2017Posted 2 weeks ago
- Top Stories For December 2016Posted 3 weeks ago
- Top Stories For 2016Posted 4 weeks ago
- Verona Police Blotter: December 9-16, 2016Posted 1 month ago
- Top Stories For November 2016Posted 1 month ago
- Verona Police Blotter: December 2 – December 9, 2016Posted 1 month ago
- Verona Police Blotter: November 25 – December 2, 2016Posted 2 months ago
- VHS Grad Saves Life At Montclair StatePosted 2 months ago
Day Trips: Festivals And A Rodeo
Spring has sprung, which means it’s time for more day trip ideas from Cathy Anderson at Verona’s Anderson Electric. She’s got film festivals and art events, a new reason to go down the Shore, and a rodeo. Yup, in New Jersey.
The Montclair Film Festival: “It’s Sundance. Only Jersier,” with over 80 films, 100 guests, free panels and more. It runs through Sunday, May 5, and there are still some tickets available. Most films and talks are $12.50 and you can see the weekend schedule here.
A Shore Thing – Music Festival in Seaside Heights: Seaside Heights is shaking off Hurricane Sandy and kicking off the summer season on May 17 to 19 with the Jersey Shore Festival. Once known as the Seaside Music Festival, it features local bands at clubs like the Aztec, Hemingway’s, Jack and Bill’s, and a classic car show on Saturday. Click Jersey Shore Festival to learn more.
Fine Arts & Crafts Verona Park: Celebrating its 28th year, Verona Park is transformed on May 18 to 19 into a craft boutique and art gallery with over 140 artists and crafters. Click here to learn more.
Historic Smithville: Also on May 18 and 19, there will be more than 100 juried crafters, food, music, kids activities, and more in Historic Smithville, a recreated colonial-era town near Atlantic City. Click Smithville to learn more.
Cowtown Rodeo: Cowtown Rodeo is the oldest weekly running rodeo in the United States and it is located in New Jersey. The south Jersey town of Pilesgrove, near Glassboro, to be exact. Just a few of the professional events: bull riding, bareback bronc riding, and tie-down roping. Rodeo season starts May 25 and runs through Spetember 28. Tickets are $15 for adults, $10 for kids and children under 2 are free. Click Rodeo to learn more.
Get News Updates By Email
Where In Verona Is It? Week 52
This is it folks: The last week of MyVeronaNJ.com’s...
- Posted 6 years ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 22
Naughty? Nice? We’re not going to be judgmental. We’re...
- Posted 6 years ago
PSEG: Here’s Verona Outage Map
With the millions of homes without power around New...
- Posted 4 years ago