- Bloomfield Avenue Crash Sends 3 To HospitalPosted 2 hours ago
- Verona Police Blotter: March 12-18, 2017Posted 1 day ago
- Verona In Washington: Healthcare, Budget Cuts & Veterans CarePosted 4 days ago
- Verona Public Schools Closed TuesdayPosted 1 week ago
- Verona Wins First State Hoops Championship Since 1957Posted 2 weeks ago
- Verona Police Blotter: February 26–March 4, 2017Posted 2 weeks ago
- Belleville Man Charged In Death Of Verona Woman In Lakeside DWI CrashPosted 2 weeks ago
- 6 File To Run For Town CouncilPosted 2 weeks ago
- Verona Police Blotter: February 17-25, 2017Posted 3 weeks ago
- Driver Sentenced In Hit-And-Run That Killed Verona BusinessmanPosted 4 weeks ago
Crock It! Winter Citrus Chicken
6 skin-on bone-in chicken thighs
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 orange, juiced and zested
1 lemon, juiced and zested
1 medium-sized onion, peeled and cut in a rough dice
3 large carrots, peeled
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 cup chicken broth
salt and pepper
Season thighs with salt and pepper.
Place olive oil in large pot or dutch oven. Cook thighs, skin side down first, until browned; about 5 minutes per side. Set aside to cool slightly.
Add onion and carrots to pot and sprinkle cinnamon on top. Cook until browned and onions are soft, stirring occasionally. About 10 minutes.
While onion and carrots are browning, remove zest of orange and lemon and place in small bowl.
Then cut orange and lemon in half and juice. Total amount of juice will be about 1/3 cup.
When chicken is cool enough to handle, remove skin.
Place cooked onion and carrot in slow cooker.
Place chicken on top of onion and carrots.
Pour broth over chicken and vegetables. Pour lemon and orange juices over chicken and vegetables.
Sprinkle zests of lemon and orange over chicken.
Cover and cook on high for 4 hours.
- This was an easy recipe, which I love.
- The simplicity of ingredients led to complex but not overwhelming flavors in the chicken and the cinnamon added a level of sweetness I wasn’t expecting.
- This is version two of my original recipe. The first batch I think had way too much going on with flavors and ingredients and clearly simplicity was the key.
Copyright 2012 MyVeronaNJ
Get News Updates By Email
Bloomfield Avenue Crash Sends 3 To Hospital
RepublishReprint A two-car accident early this evening near the corner...
- Posted 2 hours ago
Ribbon Cutting At Verona Place Apartments
RepublishReprint Some tenants have already unpacked their belongings, but...
- Posted 6 hours ago
Letter: Fiscal Responsibility In Our Election
RepublishReprint To The Editor: With the new Town Council...
- Posted 8 hours ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 52
RepublishReprint This is it folks: The last week of...
- Posted 6 years ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 22
RepublishReprint Naughty? Nice? We’re not going to be judgmental....
- Posted 6 years ago
PSEG: Here’s Verona Outage Map
RepublishReprint With the millions of homes without power around...
- Posted 4 years ago