- Police Foil Burglary AttemptPosted 16 days ago
- DePalo Gets Suspended SentencePosted 22 days ago
- 5 Things To Know: March 31-April 6Posted 52 days ago
- Snow’s Coming!Posted 59 days ago
- Top Stories: February 2013Posted 61 days ago
- Delayed Opening TuesdayPosted 65 days ago
- Pool Membership Fees To Rise AgainPosted 65 days ago
- Save The Date: Town Council Election DebatePosted 65 days ago
- 5 Things To Know: March 17-23Posted 66 days ago
- Board Of Adjustment Kills Bloomfield Avenue ProjectPosted 68 days ago
Required Reading: The Smartest Jobs In America
Right about now, a lot of college seniors from Verona are probably wondering about their job prospects. So are many of the juniors, sophomores and freshmen behind them, as are several members of the Class of 2011 that MyVeronaNJ.com has been interviewing for stories.
They, and you, might want to take a look at this month’s cover story in Wired magazine, called “The Smartest Jobs in America“. Since Wired is a tech magazine, you’d expect that it would talk a lot about Internet and computer jobs. But that’s not what this feature is about–it’s about the fields that are going to need a lot of brainpower. Here’s how Wired defines its premise:
“Smart jobs tend to scramble the line between blue-collar and white-collar. Their titles tend toward the white (technician, specialist, analyst), but the underlying industries often tend toward the blue, toward the making of physical stuff. Smart jobs can involve factories and machines, plastics and chemicals, but operating those instruments and manipulating those materials demands far more brains than brawn. Even though some of these jobs are nominally in old-fashioned industries, visit the factories and shops and fields and you’ll find that these industries are in the process of being utterly transformed.
And now the big question: Will Verona’s kids be smart enough to get them?
Montclair Petitions For Language Classes Like Verona’s
There’s a letter going around Montclair asking parents to...
- Posted 3 hours ago
Farm Camp For Kids
Jane Eliasof, the Verona resident who is the director...
- Posted 9 hours ago
Hilltop Family Bike Ride Coming
Enjoy an easy walk or bike ride at your...
- Posted 11 hours ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 52
This is it folks: The last week of MyVeronaNJ.com’s...
- Posted 675 days ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 22
Naughty? Nice? We’re not going to be judgmental. We’re...
- Posted 885 days ago
PSEG: Here’s Verona Outage Map
With the millions of homes without power around New...
- Posted 201 days ago