- Schools Closed Again: Snow Day 6Posted 4 weeks ago
- Board Of Ed Approves Referendum, Goes To Voters March 11Posted 4 weeks ago
- Gov. Christie And The Flappy BirdsPosted 4 weeks ago
- Superior Court Reverses Ruling In Lawsuit Against BOEPosted 1 month ago
- BOE Backs Off Split ReferendumPosted 1 month ago
- Superintendent To Leave Verona For DenvillePosted 1 month ago
- Vegan Bakery Pink Frosting ClosesPosted 2 months ago
- New Apartments To Rise Near Verona ParkPosted 2 months ago
- 2013: A Year In ReviewPosted 2 months ago
- Water Main Break On FairviewPosted 2 months ago
Softball For Special-Needs Girls
The Verona Baseball & Softball League will be offering three free one-hour softball skill training sessions for girls with special needs (mild physical or cognitive) ages 5-10. The sessions will be held on Sundays May 1, May 15, and May 22. All three sessions will start at 11a.m. at Brookdale Avenue School. Participation is limited to Verona residents, and each of the three sessions is limited to 10 girls. The sessions will be lead by a parent volunteer and members of the Verona 14U travel softball team will act as mentors for the girls participating. Parents of the children enrolled must remain at the sessions.
Basic skills and drills will be taught, including base running, hitting, and throwing/catching. Equipment will be available to borrow if girls participating are in need.
Registration is first come, first served. Participation at sessions will need to be confirmed by the coordinator. Please contact Christina Chivily at 973-809-7938 or CChivily@yahoo.com for confirmation.
Get News Updates By Email
Danny O’Callaghan Dance At OLL Saturday
The annual Danny O’Callaghan Dance for St. Patrick’s Day...
- Posted 9 hours ago
High Honor Roll: Grade 7, Second Marking Period 2013-2014
Ms. Yvette McNeal, principal of H.B. Whitehorne Middle School...
- Posted 10 hours ago
Honor Roll: Grade 7, Second Marking Period 2013-2014
Ms. Yvette McNeal, Principal of H.B. Whitehorne Middle School...
- Posted 15 hours ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 52
This is it folks: The last week of MyVeronaNJ.com’s...
- Posted 3 years ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 22
Naughty? Nice? We’re not going to be judgmental. We’re...
- Posted 3 years ago
PSEG: Here’s Verona Outage Map
With the millions of homes without power around New...
- Posted 1 year ago