- Bonds, Clerk, Police IT Issues Roil Council MeetingPosted 5 days ago
- Water Main Break On MontrosePosted 1 week ago
- Verona Families Seek Leads In Nephew’s Murder As Reward GrowsPosted 3 weeks ago
- Paving Closes Streets On MondayPosted 4 weeks ago
- Attempted Armed Robbery At Fuel StopPosted 2 months ago
- Fire Guts Linden Avenue GaragePosted 2 months ago
- Water Main Break Affects Hemlock, LaurelPosted 3 months ago
- BOE Prez Faults Town Engineer For Field RumorsPosted 3 months ago
- Lower Linden Avenue Closing For ConstructionPosted 4 months ago
- Mt. Prospect Closed Southbound Until Sunday MorningPosted 4 months ago
Softball For Special-Needs Girls
The Verona Baseball & Softball League will be offering three free one-hour softball skill training sessions for girls with special needs (mild physical or cognitive) ages 5-10. The sessions will be held on Sundays May 1, May 15, and May 22. All three sessions will start at 11a.m. at Brookdale Avenue School. Participation is limited to Verona residents, and each of the three sessions is limited to 10 girls. The sessions will be lead by a parent volunteer and members of the Verona 14U travel softball team will act as mentors for the girls participating. Parents of the children enrolled must remain at the sessions.
Basic skills and drills will be taught, including base running, hitting, and throwing/catching. Equipment will be available to borrow if girls participating are in need.
Registration is first come, first served. Participation at sessions will need to be confirmed by the coordinator. Please contact Christina Chivily at 973-809-7938 or CChivily@yahoo.com for confirmation.
Get News Updates By Email
Where In Verona Is It? Week 52
This is it folks: The last week of MyVeronaNJ.com’s...
- Posted 3 years ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 22
Naughty? Nice? We’re not going to be judgmental. We’re...
- Posted 4 years ago
PSEG: Here’s Verona Outage Map
With the millions of homes without power around New...
- Posted 2 years ago